Newcastle United vs. Norwich City: 30/11/21 @ 19:30 (Live on Amazon Prime)

South-Cheshire-Toon

I actually think this will be a nail biter too. Norwich have only scored seven this season, but they're obviously much improved under Smith. I'd fancy anyone to score against our sorry looking defence.

That said, we've consistently scored goals at home all season and I don't think it'll be any different tonight. The atmosphere should be fantastic and I think that our superior fire power to pull us through. I fancy a nervous as fuck 2-1.

Edited by The Prophet

Yeah, I only feel panicked when I let my inner conspiracy theorist takes over. He's absolutely convinced that if Nufc is relegated, the esl 6 will find a way to prevent us from being re-admitted back to the Premier League. Crazy, I know, but those bastards know when we turn it around one or two of them are done. Goodbye Spurs.

Edited by gazza ladra

I’d honestly just go all out attack against them, they will concede and wilt under pressure, any calculated game plan with an elaborate method of play will probably help them more. 

54 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Thanks for contributing. 

And whatever faults he may have as an attacker aren't really relevant here. We need soneone who can defend. That's not Ritchie.

Lewis seems a far better option. Better in defense. Not as good going forward, but not bad.

Anyone who says lewis is better than ritchie defensively has the memory of a goldfish. The guy was a complete liability defensively and I shit myself everytime the opponents played down his side. 

Ritchie is shite at defending but Lewis is worse. 

23 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Agreed, I'm totally bricking it, was happy last night as Derby lost, got up this morning, had to go to the dentist and on the drive there (30 mins) became a bag of nerves just thinking about tonight. Can't imagine what others are going through.

I'd imagine that for the players/staff - they've been there before so shouldn't be a worry for them. 

Christ - even typing this is making my stomach turn.

It's like one of those sci-fi movies, when they send a rocket up to destroy an asteroid or the like, the missiles in the air - we now just have to wait until 21:20 or thereabouts to see if it's hit.

Hopefully we'll know long before then that it's on target to be destroyed.

Am predicting a 3-1 home win.

If we're bricking it then so too are Norwich. Just a big a game for us as it is them. 

27 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

With Ritchie suspended, isn't Lewis the only option we have? Unless we're going to shoehorn Fraser or Almiron into a left wingback role?

Knowing Ritchie would be out when he got booked, one corner of Eddie's mind will have focused on Lewis immediately in preparation for this match. It might be only two days, but Lewis will have received a lot of attention

A relegation 6-pointer isn't really the ideal situation to be throwing in a young defender who was struggling after the move, but needs must. Hopefully Howe is a good enough man manager to get some confidence into the lad, as he has the tools to do the job. 

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d honestly just go all out attack against them, they will concede and wilt under pressure, any calculated game plan with an elaborate method of play will probably help them more. 

Yep. I don't see any point in being in two minds about this, throw the kitchen sink at them and see how they like it. That will get the crowd going as well. 

Think I feel nervous because of how poor we were against Arsenal and the fact Norwich are experiencing a bit of a bounce under Dean Smith.

Hoping Ritchie and Lascelles being out gives us a bit of a shake up, with other lads wanting to prove a point to the new manager. 

I don't know if I've missed my mood for a given week being dependent on our results or not [emoji38] will be fuming for work's Christmas party thursday if we lose.

Weighing up taking the youngin tonight. She's only 6 and has never been before.

Feel like this could be a game to potentially make or break her Newcastle supporting career. Could also fracture my marriage taking the bairn to a football match at 8pm on a school night.

:indi:

I'm still pinching myself now and again, but the whole buzz and 'cans energy' was lost lost for me with Bruce still being in charge at Palace...

The first action should have been flying back to a desert, and dangling his neck from a crain.... 

Huge game tonight.

Really looking forward to it , hoping to see us move the ball quickly and  attack like we did against Brentford , with signs of improvement in regards to our defending. 

I have huge confidence that we will improve week on week , albeit a slow process following years of decline in terms of taking a game to the opposition/attacking / forcing play /enjoyment/etc 

match prediction 2-0 

Also hoping for a fantastic atmosphere and get back to the Keegan days when the full ground would get behind the team !

27 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Huge game tonight.

Really looking forward to it , hoping to see us move the ball quickly and  attack like we did against Brentford , with signs of improvement in regards to our defending. 

I have huge confidence that we will improve week on week , albeit a slow process following years of decline in terms of taking a game to the opposition/attacking / forcing play /enjoyment/etc 

match prediction 2-0 

Also hoping for a fantastic atmosphere and get back to the Keegan days when the full ground would get behind the team !

Unusual name...

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Same set up and attitude as against Brentford will be fine. We'd have won that if not for Darlow.