Newcastle United 1 - 1 Norwich City (30/11/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Martin Dubravka 7

A questionable moment which led to the equaliser but redeemed himself in stoppage time to deny Giannoulis. A tough night as he faced 14 shots from the visitors.

1. How is he rated above Joelinton? You know, that guy who was Man of the Match.

2. He didn’t face 14 shots. Norwich had 16 shots.

3. Only 6 were on target. How does Dubravka get credit for those off target? 

It also wasn't Giannoulis with the shot at the end

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Martin Dubravka 7

A questionable moment which led to the equaliser but redeemed himself in stoppage time to deny Giannoulis. A tough night as he faced 14 shots from the visitors.

1. How is he rated above Joelinton? You know, that guy who was Man of the Match.

2. He didn’t face 14 shots. Norwich had 16 shots.

3. Only 6 were on target. How does Dubravka get credit for those off target? 

Got to be Ryder that, I remember against Brentford he give none of the defence less than 6 and most got a 7.

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

After two years of basically not watching I'm starting to see that too. Players who I thought were alright aren't; players who I thought were class are probably very average. But I still think we're better then 20th.

This is why we shouldn’t be surprised that so many people stick up for Bruce. Having mates in the right places help but no way did we have 12/13th place squads on paper and then you factor in our injury issues. Bruce just happened to  rely on luck and not tactics, but if it keeps going for you, people will have to do more and more work to show why you aren’t doing a great job. Honestly didn’t get why people thought we were more than relegation battle material on paper. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'd go: Dubravka 7, Manquillo 7, Fernandez 8, Schar 6, Lewis 7, Joelinton 8, Shelvey 8, Willock 5, ASM 5, Wilson 5

Probably give Dubravka a 5 (to me it's his fault for the goal), Manquillo a 6 and Shelvey a 7 also (as I thought second half he didn't have anywhere near the same impact as the first). Otherwise I would generally agree with the rest.

23 minutes ago, midds said:

Hear you

But it's not bad luck, or not getting the breaks or whatever, it's sustained poor performance from the same people match after match. 

Stick your hand into the fire ten times and it'll get burned 10 times out of 10, it's not a coincidence, it's (predictably) poor decisions and they need to stop immediately. 

That’s why I said bad teams cause their own downfalls Midds 

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Thought Willock had a decent game like. 

Kinda disagree but hard to point a finger on any of them as sheer effort was their , they are just shit in the main that’s the crux of it l

Heading home now.

Was great to catch up with @Heron, and I’d like to say that no other club could generate an atmosphere like that tonight; not in the position we’re in. The Strawberry Corner didn’t stop all night and there were moments when the whole ground joined in. It really did bring a tear to the eye. Look at the bigger picture; our club is back. 

Have hope, we CAN stay up and if we don’t - let’s start again. 

4 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Not to mention that the teams of the past didn’t have our sheer spending power. Who knows if we can get quality to help in January, but Derby couldn’t exactly spend a huge amount to bail themselves out when they were stinking up the bottom of the table. Unique set of circumstances that could potentially enable us to be the first team to survive from such a position. 

All depends if anyone agrees to join. Gotta get the points against Burnley, steal a draw here or there. Keep it close so trying to get in some talent isn't impossible. You can always massively overpay on wages but that's not the best way but could be the only way to attract players if it looks super bleak on Jan 1.

They grafted their arses off like. Clark will hopefully not start another game. I was surprised at the boo's at the end and the stick Dubs got for not racing to hoof it down the pitch near the end.

Some of our fans really are wankers!

There was loads around me screaming for Newcastle to press, which is very difficult/difficult with 10 men..

Just a shame Howe hasn't really had any games to find out which players are best to fit his style and are usable, was thrown straight in at deep end. Hopefully now is starting to get it together. 

11 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Just a shame Howe hasn't really had any games to find out which players are best to fit his style and are usable, was thrown straight in at deep end. Hopefully now is starting to get it together. 

Stick with back 4 that finished the game and Dubs.  Now it's just midfield to tinker with.

I thought Gilmour looked very tidy player last night and kept the ball moving very well for them. He seems utterly wasted in that setup as there’s no one useful to pass to but he’d have improved our midfield immeasurably if we’d have tried to get him last summer. 

I’m still absolutely bemused after watching that game last night how Schar and Fernandez were frozen out so long. It’s actually irritating. 

9 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I thought Gilmour looked very tidy player last night and kept the ball moving very well for them. He seems utterly wasted in that setup as there’s no one useful to pass to but he’d have improved our midfield immeasurably if we’d have tried to get him last summer. 

I’m still absolutely bemused after watching that game last night how Schar and Fernandez were frozen out so long. It’s actually irritating. 

He’s the epitome of a neat and tidy, but kind of nothing player for me, he should have been far more dominant against ten men, compare and contrast to say Gallagher at Palace, chalk and cheese, I know who I’d rather have. He’s Colback, with energy and a better first touch. 

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Dean Smith said the penalty was harsh :lol:

He said its award by VAR was 'pathetic' :lol:

I'm generally anti-VAR and anti-dishing out pens for the ball hitting arms. But that's about the shittest example you can use to make that point, his arm's right up above his head.

55 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s the epitome of a neat and tidy, but kind of nothing player for me, he should have been far more dominant against ten men, compare and contrast to say Gallagher at Palace, chalk and cheese, I know who I’d rather have. He’s Colback, with energy and a better first touch. 

That's exactly how I described him in the pub after the match. Colback with slightly better passing 😁.

Although he does seem to play better for Scotland.

I'm properly annoyed after that. We looked lost all game, no real shape, no plan of attack. But my god, why the hell does he persist with Clark over Fernandez? And he only picked Lewis because Ritchie was suspended, yet that's one of the best performances we've seen at LB all season.

Joelinton not only gets a 10/10 for effort, but I thought his general play was actually really good too.

ASM needs some guidance though. Bit headless last night.

I think we're gone :(

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm properly annoyed after that. We looked lost all game, no real shape, no plan of attack. But my god, why the hell does he persist with Clark over Fernandez? And he only picked Lewis because Ritchie was suspended, yet that's one of the best performances we've seen at LB all season.

Joelinton not only gets a 10/10 for effort, but I thought his general play was actually really good too.

ASM needs some guidance though. Bit headless last night.

I think we're gone :(

We had 10 men for 90 minutes (including stoppage time). I think all plans went out the window fairly early.

Just now, Shearergol said:

We had 10 men for 90 minutes (including stoppage time). I think all plans went out the window fairly early.

Fair enough, but it was still a weird mixture of random hoofs to nobody, flick ons with nobody running in behind, and we were quite static when we tried to keep the ball on the deck.