Newcastle United 1 - 1 Norwich City (30/11/2021)

Yorkie

It's so fucking frustrating like. I truly believe we're not the the dire relegation fodder the table presents but fucking hell we just seem desperate to bury ourselves. Utterly infuriating from Clark and more utterly shit goalkeeping has just thrown the points away against a measurably worse team. 

Under previous management we'd have thrown in the towel at the red card, and not had the grit to keep working. Unfortunately can't afford to lose that kinda game, but the team looks entirely different to how Bruce had them playing, enough so that I don't think the season is a write off yet

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Fucking painfully obvious what would happen shutting up shop after we scored.

You MUST carry a threat or you just get bombarded, then the inevitable happens.

There was absolutely no chance we could do that after playing with 10 men for that long.

Just now, Yorkie said:

It's so fucking frustrating like. I truly believe we're not the the dire relegation fodder the table presents but fucking hell we just seem desperate to bury ourselves. Utterly infuriating from Clark and more utterly shit goalkeeping has just thrown the points away against a measurably worse team. 

I have to disagree slightly, I think the majority of our players are absolutely awful and belong nowhere near the premier league.

Positives:

Howe's been forced into not playing players who are liabilities - Ritchie, Lascelles, and Clark - and will hopefully continue to play Lewis, Schar, and Fernandez instead.

Negatives:

Everything else. Even with a man advantage, Norwich were absolute dog shit and although we would have crawled to the win, we could and probably should have.

I'm not really one for saying you must beat team X to stay up because points are often lost and gained unexpectedly, but it's not looking good at the moment.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Lewis had a canny game Imo

You'd think this game and his recent performance for NI (which I didn't see, but know only from the positive reviews), will get him more minutes. Several posters talking prematch about how this game could crush his delicate psyche. 

Edited by gazza ladra

Pre-takeover i had kind of numbed to this shit and wasn't that fussed when we were crap. Now I've been excitedly waiting for each match and shitting myself the entire time, and we just can't even get a win. Incredibly frustrating. :)

Joelinton man of the match for me, Never stopped.

I thought Lewis was superb tonight, him and Joelinton our two best players (Jo definitely motm).

If Ritchie gets back in it'll be a disgrace. If the back 4 that started tonight continues to play I do think we could sneak a result in December.

Any other team bar Norwich and we probably lose tonight. We'd have wiped the floor with them if it wasn't for Clark.

As long as we begin January with the gap no bigger than 6 points we have a chance. Whether that happens or not I'm not convinced.

Feel for Howe, missing Brentford and then Clark tonight, he's not had much luck; that said, 90% of fans were saying pre match Fede should've started.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I have to disagree slightly, I think the majority of our players are absolutely awful and belong nowhere near the premier league.

After two years of basically not watching I'm starting to see that too. Players who I thought were alright aren't; players who I thought were class are probably very average. But I still think we're better then 20th.

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

Was an gk error that cost us not sitting back.

Our inability to get out our own half led to them being able to camp in our half and create that chance.

You have to threaten the opposition on some level, or they just throw everyone at you. It's imperative to push some of their players into their own half by at least looking like you want to attack occasionally.

Edited by Chris_R