Newcastle United 1 - 1 Norwich City (30/11/2021)

Yorkie

Would have been frustrated with a point before the game but in the circumstances it was vital we just didn't give Norwich 3 points tonight. 

Thought our crowd were pathetic at the end booing and telling Dubravka to hurry up. Such a lack of knowledge

How long does it take for a manager to imprint his style on a team - my guess would be 6 games minimum - EH I am sure is getting there - he will have seen who works and who doesn't  in these 3 games (as someone said Clark should be nowhere near our defence or the Coast of the North East) - my view is yes it is more than likely we get relegated but so what - as a club we are free of the previous cancer and will rebuild strong foundations - there is also the very slight possibility of fluking survival it has been done before - whatever happens it is a blip in the long term plan - nothing to see here and really no reason to despair. Onwards and upwards whether from the Championship or the foot of the Premier league we will rise.

One final thought; on night's like these a massive fuck you to Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce. 

We shouldn't be relying on Ciaran Clark and Isaac Hayden in 2021. That fat cunt knew it and did nothing. The fact Bruce hung on for his payoff makes him just as contemptible. 

Glad they're fucking gone, and if you need a positive to clutch onto just be sure that we are moving further and further away from their darkness every day. 

Edited by Thiago

Given how the fiest 10 minutes transpired, what an absolute warrior effort by those 10 men, Lewis has to keep that LB position, Joelinton was everywhere, in everyone's faces and came away with the ball more than he aught to, Fede proving the supporters right, no way Clark should see the first team again after that. The back 4 that finished the game earned their place.

If we're going down then it's not with a whimper and so long as we give it this effort to the end of the season we can't ask for much more. Relegation won't be the end of the world, many of us would have taken it to get rid of Ashley, so even post Ashley its still a fair trade off. 

38 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

We are literally breaking records for how far through a season with so few points and without wins. Nobody has stayed up from the position we're in.

No one has ever closed a six point gap to stay up? 

Watching the game live, down to 10 men after 10 mins, I thought we battled hard and tbh (in insolation) a point is a good result. Unfortunately just don't think it is enough. We have to win 2 from next 4 to have any chance and I can't see that.

3 minutes ago, Peppe said:

No one has ever closed a six point gap to stay up? 

Not to mention that the teams of the past didn’t have our sheer spending power. Who knows if we can get quality to help in January, but Derby couldn’t exactly spend a huge amount to bail themselves out when they were stinking up the bottom of the table. Unique set of circumstances that could potentially enable us to be the first team to survive from such a position. 

Absolutely fucking gutted.

Some better individual performances (Jo, Lewis, Shelvey), but this squad is absolutely fucking shit. Nothing in central midfield to give me any sort of confidence that it’ll be enough to stay up, compounded, of course, by consistent defensive errors. ASM needed to step up big time and hasn’t doesn’t so.

Guest neesy111
Just now, kisearch said:

Derby had won by this point (against guess who) but only had 6 points and wouldn't get another point until 23rd December (against guess who :lol:

They should've beaten us as well in that home game.

Edited by neesy111

1/3 of the season gone and 7 points. We are on course for 20 points, but say 30 with a Howe improvement factor and January signings. Either way we are fucked. 

Looking forward to some great away days in the promotion season next year 👍

Just back in from the game .

Dunno what to say , game obviously changed , we are so dopey and luckless but overall bad teams cause their own downfall.

We got a break with the pen and I just looked up to the skies and said give us a fucking break. We couldn’t hold on , they gave everything mind but I just curse our luck at times .

Gone , mind these were crap but that late Leeds goal was a killer we can ill afford as well. Effort yes to hold out for 80 mins but ultimately couldn’t hold on to another lead . Joelinton effort was phenomenal, Shelvey again great , rest a bit meh but under the circumstances hard to criticise this rag bag .

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Joelinton - 6. Must have been watching a different game

Some mad ratings and comments.

Critical of Lewis for the goal because it came from his side.

Edited by neesy111

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Just back in from the game .

Dunno what to say , game obviously changed , we are so dopey and luckless but overall bad teams cause their own downfall.

We got a break with the pen and I just looked up to the skies and said give us a fucking break. We couldn’t hold on , they gave everything mind but I just curse our luck at times .

Gone , mind these were crap but that late Leeds goal was a killer we can ill afford as well. Effort yes to hold out for 80 mins but ultimately couldn’t hold on to another lead . Joelinton effort was phenomenal, Shelvey again great , rest a bit meh but under the circumstances hard to criticise this rag bag .

Hear you

But it's not bad luck, or not getting the breaks or whatever, it's sustained poor performance from the same people match after match. 

Stick your hand into the fire ten times and it'll get burned 10 times out of 10, it's not a coincidence, it's (predictably) poor decisions and they need to stop immediately. 

Martin Dubravka 7

A questionable moment which led to the equaliser but redeemed himself in stoppage time to deny Giannoulis. A tough night as he faced 14 shots from the visitors.

1. How is he rated above Joelinton? You know, that guy who was Man of the Match.

2. He didn’t face 14 shots. Norwich had 16 shots.

3. Only 6 were on target. How does Dubravka get credit for those off target?