Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 4/12/21 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I think we might rotate a few here given the shift put in last night. I think it'll be (4-4-1-1): Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Fernandez, Ritchie, Almiron, Hayden, Shelvey, Fraser, ASM, Wilson.

Unfortunately I don't think we've seen the last of Lascelles and Ritchie, but its just guesswork at this point.

Dubravka

Manquillo - Schar - Fernandez - Lewis

Willock - Shelvey - Joelinton*

Almiron                               Saint-Maximin

Wilson

* Joelinton up front obvs but he was class at defensive stuff last night  :lol: 

Although I don't think Burnley will go down, I actually see them as more winnable than Brentford and Norwich. I think we're ok against that type of personnel.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Dubravka 

Schär Lascelles Fernandes 

Fraser Shelvey Willock Lewis 

Joelinton Wilson ASM 

I personally don't want Lascelles back in.

I just think Lewis has come back in after a long break and difficult run in the team prior to that. He put in a very accomplished performance and I wouldn't want to over complicate it by changing his position only two games in.

I'd be going with the same back 4 that finished the match yesterday and sticking with it unless injury or suspensions arise. Part of the problem with our defence (aside from the low quality of Ritchie, Clark, Krafth etc) is it has never been settled, due to both personnel and formation changes.

Willock, Jo, ASM could all do with a rest. I'd keep Jo because his physicality will be useful against Burnley but I'd be tempted to rest ASM for fear of injury (played every game so far this season and has been lazy/tired and off the boil lately).

My team would be:

Dubravka

Manquillo 

Fede

Schar

Lewis

Shelvey

Hayden

Jo

Miggy (10)

Fraser

Wilson

Although could see why ASM would keep his place given the must win nature of the game.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Howe now has seen all our defenders now play 90 minutes in an actual league match so will rightly get grief if Krafth or Ritchie waltz straight back in. Thankfully I think he is smart enough to see how good Fernandez was and with his post match comments on him being magnificent adds to that. Lascelles is a trickier decision but would stick with Schar. Would he even consider 3 centre backs? Interesting to see...