Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 4/12/21 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Tend to agree about the midfield two. But at the same time. I don’t really get the clamour to replace Willock with Longstaff, Hayden or Hendrick. 

It would be great if the latter could show improvement under Howe, as some other players have. He certainly needs too. But the others don’t look up to much. In their cameos under Howe/Tindall so far, it’s easy to see why they’re not starting. 

Agree with this. Willock hasn't been that bad for me, I'm wondering if he's getting criticised more because he's not scoring goals? Part of that will be down to playing in a two man midfield with Shelvey which means more defensive duties. 

Watched a bit of Burnley last night , they will be a very tough nut to crack .

Solid , work , big , I’m not expecting many goals and we are going to have to be very patient as a crowd .

We are not at all guaranteed to beat these , far from it I’m expecting 0-0 here and I will put a few quid on it . They are a threat too , powerful play , keeping it simple with 2 banks of 4 that work together very well .

This will be grim but fingers crossed we can get one .

I'm not usually one to jump to conclusions about relegation at such an early stage but if we don't win this I think it's probably curtains. Not because the gap would be mathematically insurmountable but just because there's no way you stay up if you're incapable of beating literally all of your relegation rivals, at home too. 

I have faith in Eddie Howe , I don’t stress anymore about line ups or formations etc

He knows the team better then us , works with them daily , he is a workaholic, no stone unturned.

The most important factor when picking a team (which we will never know)  …..is that he knows about little niggles/injuries/form in training, personal issues.

I have faith in whichever team he plays.

Edited by JonBez comesock
Error

Dubravka 

Schar

Lascelles 

Fernandes 

Murphy

Willock

Shelvey

Richie

Joelinton 

Wilson

ASM

Is what I think he will go with. I wouldn't have Murphy or Richie and would probably play with a back 4.

Lascelles will start 100% and probably Richie too.

Just now, STM said:

Dubravka 

Schar

Lascelles 

Fernandes 

Murphy

Willock

Shelvey

Richie

Joelinton 

Wilson

ASM

Is what I think he will go with. I wouldn't have Murphy or Richie and would probably play with a back 4.

I’ll be fairly worried if he goes back to playing midfielders at fullback again. 

I hope Eddie can get this lot moving better off the ball for this one. Burnley are a big physical side, the best way to beat those types is to ping the ball around fast and stretch their defence. Long balls aren't going to work other than as a surprise tactic. 

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Fuck it, I’d go

Dubravka

Manquillo

Schar

Fernandez

Lewis

Joelinton

Shelvey

Fraser

Miggy

ASM

Wilson

I like that!

Think the 4-2-3-1 system suits our squad the best.

Would have Hayden along with Shelvey though and Big Joe instead of Fraser.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:
25 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

And we are set up to score goals.  Could be an immovable object vs an irresistible force.

Never heard us described as an irresistible force 😂

Aye, about as irresistible as a shit sandwich 

36 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka 

Schar

Lascelles 

Fernandes 

Murphy

Willock

Shelvey

Richie

Joelinton 

Wilson

ASM

Would swap out ritchie for lewis (he was decent against Norwich) and we have a team capable of both defending and attacking.

Still not sure about Shelvey, maybe hayden in there for a bit more cover