Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 4/12/21 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What would happen to ASM?

I guess it would take a formation shuffle into a 4 - 3 - 3 or similar.

I am just saying I wouldn't be devastated to have Ritchie back as long as it is not at left wing back...  I hate him playing there.

Probably just mentally preparing myself for 2pm tomorrow when the teams are released and Ritchie's name is there on it !!  haha.

On 01/12/2021 at 07:13, Lush Vlad said:

Not seen much of Fraser as an attacking force under Howe

The only thing I've noticed [besides his cross for ASM's goal] was his reluctance to bust a gut to get into the box at the far post. Could be due to his injury history, but it's something we could do without.

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Wonder if Fernandez not playing for a long time will factor in the team selection today. He might not be able to play two games in a week? 

Or Schar for that matter. Every game he goes down with what I am sure is a season-ending injury. 

10 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

ASM Wilson Joelinton

Willock Hayden Shelvey

Lewis Fernandez Schar Manquillo

Dubravka

Both Joelinton and Schar look like they want be midfielders.

Would put Joelinton in the midfield instead of Hayden and put either Fraser or Almiron in the front 3.

10 minutes ago, Smal said:

Hayden didn't do himself any favours with his appearance in the last game. Genuinely awful cameo. 5 passes attempted with a 0% completion, no interceptions, no tackles, 1 foul :lol: 

Aye was half hearted attempt with a 50/50 outside their box near the end. 

Catch 22 still think back 4 needs protection though.

44 minutes ago, joeyt said:

So nice to watch someone talking about your football club that you don't absolutely despise

I've listened to all of his pressers, it's quite cathartic. I don't even think he's especially charismatic; he's just very composed, measured, dignified and exudes authority. Chalk and cheese compared to the dollop he replaced. Really hope he makes a success of it here cos he seems like a top bloke and clearly has something. 

37 minutes ago, Smal said:

Hayden didn't do himself any favours with his appearance in the last game. Genuinely awful cameo. 5 passes attempted with a 0% completion, no interceptions, no tackles, 1 foul :lol: 

I used to really like Hayden but he’s been a massive victim of the Bruce era. It feels like he’s been either shite or a complete passenger for ages. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've listened to all of his pressers, it's quite cathartic. I don't even think he's especially charismatic; he's just very composed, measured, dignified and exudes authority. Chalk and cheese compared to the dollop he replaced. Really hope he makes a success of it here cos he seems like a top bloke and clearly has something. 

Yeah, same here which is weird as I've never been bothered to do that for God knows how long.

Keegan's for me were often full of great soundbites all reflecting the fact he truly knows and loves the area and people, and exuded pure passion and ambition. Made you dare to dream. 

SBR's were classy and full of wisdom and a bit of humour. Wise sage, with youthful energy, loving every minute of the experience. Made you warm and fuzzy. 

Benitez were just professional and full of tactical knowledge, you appreciated the depth of knowledge and experience he bought to the table, so you trusted his authority. Made you calm and have faith in him, even if not the club in general (esp in a difficult time). 

With Howe, they are measured, succinct, fairly warm but at an arm's length, super professional and articulate but the main thing I get from him is that he is someone who is high calibre and classy without going overboard. So whilst he is not as charismatic as say, Keegan (who is?!), he has a way about him that is highly influential and commands respect.  What his are doing are actually restoring pride and slowly but surely healing the divide.

This is good long term as it allows you to get back to supporting the team knowing you having a dynamic figurehead representing the club instead of cringing at yet further embarrassing anecdotes and lip-licking or downplaying expectations. 

45 minutes ago, Smal said:

Yikes :lol:

As much as I like Hayden, I really hope we've seen the last of him. He's just too limited for a Premier League player, we can't keep playing a midfielder who offers absolutely nothing going forward. Luckily he isn't a Howe player at all. 

Hayden was absolutely appalling when he came on, couldn't believe it tbh. Even that moment when he nipped in to snatch that backpass - he did well to sniff a chance but it turned out to be such a waste. A second's more thought and he could've put it on a plate for ASM.