Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 4/12/21 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Have we? Against Brentford we were better going forward but but a shambles defending, our performance against Arsenal was as bad as anything Bruce served up, as was the performance against Norwich (although hard to judge anything form that being down to ten men).

You would have to be blind not to see the wholesale change in attitude, movement and creativity IMO.

Brentford we were class going forward but made individual errors, Arsenal we were very good in the first half (should have had a pen) but in the end were beaten by a side miles above us, Norwich was a write off but we were a better side even with 10 men.

Play like we did vs Brenford + cut out the errors = win.

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Have we? Against Brentford we were better going forward but but a shambles defending, our performance against Arsenal was as bad as anything Bruce served up, as was the performance against Norwich (although hard to judge anything form that being down to ten men).

Brentford was a breath of fresh air compared to the shited we've suffered for years. Arsenal we done OK first half and a little unlucky with the possible penalty before the 2nd. Norwich we would have got spanked under Bruce after Clarks brainfart. There is clear signs of potential there.

32 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Yes, is he doing lateral flow tests as I'm sure you've got to do a PCR to get the all clear to not isolate.

If you're double-jabbed a PCR test is just advised, rather than mandatory. 

17 minutes ago, STM said:

You would have to be blind not to see the wholesale change in attitude, movement and creativity IMO.

Brentford we were class going forward but made individual errors, Arsenal we were very good in the first half (should have had a pen) but in the end were beaten by a side miles above us, Norwich was a write off but we were a better side even with 10 men.

Play like we did vs Brenford + cut out the errors = win.

I'm not saying there haven't been some signs of improvement, particularly against Brentford, but miles better? I haven't seen that yet.

On a separate note... I'm sick of being negative. I have no negativity left. Bruce is gone, Charnley, Ashley, the Steve's too.

Yeah I get it, we aren't great. Massive gaps in our squad and an uphill relegation battle on our hands but, so fuck?

Let's have a go, get behind Eddie and a relatively likable squad. See if we can create history and get out of this hole.

Positivity is the order of the day. Let's get them.

If he retains Lewis and Manquillo in the full back positions I think we'll win. Any daft shite like bringing Ritchie back in or choosing any of the Championship chod gang like Gayle is the only thing that stops us winning today IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I'm not saying there haven't been some signs of improvement, particularly against Brentford, but miles better? I haven't seen that yet.

Newcastle shots 10,

Southampton shots 22,

Newcastle possession 36%

Southampton 64%

Against:

Newcastle shots 23

Brentford shots 10

Newcastle possession 54%

Brentford 46%

Quite a contrast. Individual errors costing us.