FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

Something to look out for post-Burnley this weekend.

BBC and ITV have the rights for the competition from this season onwards.

The draw will commence as part of the coverage for local non-league Hertfordshire derby Boreham Wood v St Albans City (coverage starts 6.45 pm) - the draw will be at 7:00 pm on ITV4.

The third round matches will commence with the first being played on Friday evening (January 7), up until Monday night (January 10).

Spoiler alert - We won't draw the mackems. :lol:

13 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Believe the draw is going to be done BEFORE the Gateshead game - from listening to the ITV racing team - they were plugging it last weekend.

Meaning before Round 2 kicks off? Ok, will try get confirmation before editting opening post/thread title. Thanks.

Not worthy of a thread, most pointless thing ever us and cups, in all seriousness, I’d rather we concentrated on staying up @Ashley 

The Cups gave me awful fear in the Bruce years. Couldn't abide the thought of us accidentally progressing and God forbid winning something during that spell. Excited to be annoyed and gutted at being knocked out again. 

3rd round draw still gives me a massive buzz.  I'm from a generation where the FA Cup was THE competition and this used to be one of the biggest highlights of the season.  It's awful to see just how devalued this competition has become, although fair play to the BBC who have been trying to build it up again in recent years.

4 minutes ago, deejeck said:

3rd round draw still gives me a massive buzz.  I'm from a generation where the FA Cup was THE competition and this used to be one of the biggest highlights of the season.  It's awful to see just how devalued this competition has become, although fair play to the BBC who have been trying to build it up again in recent years.

Aye, 3rd round draw is the only draw I ever care about in the whole of football. Not even the World Cup draw gives me any excitement to watch. Only reason I will watch any draws beyond the 3rd round is if we're in it.

2nd round gets my attention too this time around with Gateshead in a big televised tie.

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Probably be best if we fall at the first hurdle so we can fully concentrate on the league. Don’t need any other distractions. 

I’d rather go all out to win it and play in Europe next season.

56 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Meaning before Round 2 kicks off? Ok, will try get confirmation before editting opening post/thread title. Thanks.

:lol: Would have been chaos if they did the 3rd round draw before any 2nd round games took place

On 01/12/2021 at 11:35, nufcjb said:

Meaning before Round 2 kicks off? Ok, will try get confirmation before editting opening post/thread title. 

This is confirmed, the 3rd round draw will be done BEFORE the Boreham Wood versus St Alban's City game on the evening of Monday 6th, as normally it's done after this game (the last one of the round).

Draw is on ITV4. @ 19:00

Edited by South-Cheshire-Toon

The draw numbers 

1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Arsenal
3. Aston Villa
4. Barnsley
5. Birmingham City
6. Blackburn Rovers
7. Blackpool
8. Brentford
9. Brighton & Hove Albion