FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

15 and 5 for juniors and no I wouldn’t give them the full gate receipts either. They’re still getting a pretty big payout 

10 and 5 isn't it? I only paid 10 for mine.

Just had a generic email from Newcastle United reinforcing the PLAN B Covid message, so we should expect to be asked to produce evidence of vaccination or a negative NHS Covid test result while waiting in the queues to get into the ground.

Just now, pinkeye said:

Just had a generic email from Newcastle United reinforcing the PLAN B Covid message, so we should expect to be asked to produce evidence of vaccination or a negative NHS Covid test result while waiting in the queues to get into the ground.

I wasn’t asked at either of the last two like. I think they’ll just be doing spot checks. 

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

Sporadic checks 

impossible to check all 52,000

Just now, Danh1 said:

I wasn’t asked at either of the last two like. I think they’ll just be doing spot checks. 

I was only asked one time before this week while going into the East Stand.  It didn't really add to the time it takes to get in or make it anymore awkward, other than the queue I usually join was formed in the opposite direction to usual which threw me a bit.  There is also the added hinderance that there will be a lot of people who are not regular attenders to the ground so the bar code readers seem to completely throw them which also adds to the time it takes getting in. :lol:

Cambridge are struggling financially. I would have no problem if the club decided to give them the whole allocation or a greater share. We need lower league clubs to survive and one of the reasons the Cambridge staff and fans are so excited about this match is because it will help them survive.

Agreed, it's very important we win to build a bit of momentum after the great performance against Man Utd, however I do think with us having a huge couple of games in the league I'd certainly not be starting ASM or Joelinton (don't actually think the former is fit anyway?), and I definitely wouldn't play Trippier :lol: 

After everyone was buzzing for the Brentford game with it being the first for Howe, only for COVID to strike, it would be sod's law for Trippier to play tomorrow and do his ankle or something, such is our luck. I'd probably go; Woodman, Krafth, Lascelles, Clark, Ritchie (them last two eurgh, but not much else), Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Murphy, Gayle, Fraser. Might be tempted to play Anderson instead of Willock, but I'd definitely go strong and try and win the game early, then able to rest the likes of Fraser & Willock.

Really looking forward to it actually, can't remember the last time I was so excited for a home cup game. Probably Preston in the League Cup in October 2016 - hopefully a similar scoreline tomorrow.

Always hated us throwing the cups in previous years with weak line ups but staying up is massive this season, if we played our strongest team and got injuries etc would leave things looking bleak for the Watford game we are already without Wilson.

Our final sales (Cambridge) are 4,830 - pretty much what we get at home league games. Setting off shortly to sample the delights of Newcastle for the weekend.

Have to say great news that you have now got owners/managers that care about football / the city and a club that you can be proud of once again. 

Really looking forward to the weekend - what the FA Cup is all about

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, delboy23 said:

Our final sales (Cambridge) are 4,830 - pretty much what we get at home league games. Setting off shortly to sample the delights of Newcastle for the weekend.

Have to say great news that you have now got owners/managers that care about football / the city and a club that you can be proud of once again. 

Have a great and safe trip!

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Cambridge are struggling financially. I would have no problem if the club decided to give them the whole allocation or a greater share. We need lower league clubs to survive and one of the reasons the Cambridge staff and fans are so excited about this match is because it will help them survive.

that would be a great gesture, good shout! Of course they will then become the enemy of RTG for getting into bed with terrorists or whatever we are called these days. I’d watch their letterboxes if they accepted!

3 minutes ago, delboy23 said:

I hope you enjoy it up here, match result aside.

Newcastle is a fantastic city and very friendly towards away fans, unlike countless away games I’ve been too.

Guest reefatoon

Ahhh,  that magical time of year where the Ronny fucking Radford goal is dusted down and brought back out.

Happy Ronny day for tomorrow folks.