FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

Think these will be a tough one to crack tomorrow. 

Id have our good players nowhere near this , appreciate a few will need a game in them .

Fancy 0-1 or 1-1 , surprise written all over this . 

Won’t be going again because of family being ill but should be a cracking crowd , enjoy it all. Hope I’m wrong I promise .

Tbf it's still the same old team that have been circling the drain all season, will be a bit of a bounce tomorrow but it's definitely not to be taken for granted that we beat them like.

We'll stay up because we'll buy alllllll the players in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Wilson

Guest HTT II

We’ve not played in a small while, play the strongest team possible and treat it like a league game. Get a win, confidence and momentum going.

Can't wait to take the bairns tomorrow.

Think I'll drag them to the stack about 12 so they can scran pizza and I can have a couple, watch the mackems...get in the ground about 2.30, gotta meet some kid to  buy a bmx.

Remember beating Northampton at home in 87 I think, the year Wimbledon knocked us out.

People dancing on the tables in the bigg market singing ‘where going to Wembley’ after beating them 2-1.

Nowt like a cup run to get the city buzzing. 

The last two seasons I absolutely dreaded cup games more than any, in the fear we'd miraculously somehow achieve something at a time when I hate the club the most. Feels great to be excited about this one today. 

First FA Cup game I've been to in over a decade and I cannot wait. I didn't see the point in going under Ashley as we were basically told we didn't want to be in the cups, so i thought what on earth is the point.

Full House today including 5,000 from Cambridge. Brilliant, can't wait.

Edited by Scoot

16 hours ago, GWN said:

Think these will be a tough one to crack tomorrow. 

Id have our good players nowhere near this , appreciate a few will need a game in them .

Fancy 0-1 or 1-1 , surprise written all over this . 

Won’t be going again because of family being ill but should be a cracking crowd , enjoy it all. Hope I’m wrong I promise .

Fair play, it’s not like you to be negative 😉

This needs to be our first team doesn't it? Not played in a week or so. Won't play for another week or so. Give them time playing Eddie's system and integrate Trippier into the team.

Dubravka

Krafth    Fede   Lascelles   Manquillo

Murphy Hendrick  Longstaff  Almiron

Anderson 

Gayle             

That's what I'd go with. Should be strong enough but it doesn't risk any of our more important players. We need our best team 100% fit for Watford, no exceptions.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Is there an argument for Gayle getting a run out given he’s our only

striker? I mean bag a goal and at least we have another option for Watford assuming we can’t bring anyone in before then. 

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t. I don’t think he’ll be in the 11 for Watford unless there’s a massive crisis

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Remember beating Northampton at home in 87 I think, the year Wimbledon knocked us out.

People dancing on the tables in the bigg market singing ‘where going to Wembley’ after beating them 2-1.

Was only 9 but remember being on the benches when Gazza smashed in a 30 yard raker to knock Palace out of the cup, on the way home my dad kept saying ‘this might just be our year, son’. 

Im taking him to the game today and I’m hoping he’ll say the same! 

28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Aww happy memories as a young’un - didn’t we beat Preston in the round before or after before losing 3-1 to Wimbledon who went on to win it?!

The atmosphere was bouncing vs Man Utd in 90 when we lost 3-2 - they won the cup that year too!

9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Dubravka

Krafth    Fede   Lascelles   Manquillo

Murphy Hendrick  Longstaff  Almiron

Anderson 

Gayle             

That's what I'd go with. Should be strong enough but it doesn't risk any of our more important players. We need our best team 100% fit for Watford, no exceptions.

Our best players won't be 100% fit if they've not played a competitive game of football in nearly 3 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Aww happy memories as a young’un - didn’t we beat Preston in the round before or after before losing 3-1 to Wimbledon who went on to win it?!

The atmosphere was bouncing vs Man Utd in 90 when we lost 3-2 - they won the cup that year too!

That Man U game was the first time I have ever sat at a match, amazing game