If you were a manager, how would your team set up and play?

Rich

When Man City played a proper defensive midfielder and a proper number 9, with David silva having free reign of the pitch was probably my favourite team to watch. I’d attempt to set up like that but finding the new Silva would be a nightmare.

4-2-3-1 with high pressing, very quick full backs and the 2 wingers also very quick, high tempo and quite attacking.

1 defensive CM that can pass quickly, 1 central playmaker who can also defend, pass but join in with the attack.

Key thing is quick distribution from the back to the mids to the wingers

A central striker who can score goals but also press and cause bother and one just off him who can fill in the gaps and distribute well.

4-3-3

Midfield of a deep-lying playmaker and two box-to-box titans. Pirlo-Schweinsteiger-Vidal in their respective primes.

Ryan Shawcross c. 2011-2014 at CB to marshal my defense @Ronaldo

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Weirdly was having a conversation over the weekend about which we thought was the best PL team/set up and I reckoned on the conclusion it was Man Utd’s 4-4-2 changing to 4-3-3 in attack with Rooney, Tevez and Ronald. 

As with all good teams the DM who can do it all and allow you to have the extra player who isn’t defensive minded is arguably the most important player. Be it Batty, Vieira, Gilberto (the best), Kante, Keane, Makelele, Rodri, Fernandinho etc. One of them operating at their best and it’s almost immaterial what system you play be 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-1-4-2.

However, the purist in me would have a 4-3-1-2 Milan style but with someone far more inconsistent than Kaka in the hole who is ideally all one foot like D'Alessandro or Aimar behind a semi big man/little man partnership.

Love this thread. 

For me, a mad pressing team that pushes high up the pitch, creates overloads and traps when out of possession. In possession, quick and clever passing, control the game, impose the style, tons of movement and interchanges - attackers constantly making runs and finding space. 

System, I’m a 4-1-2-3 or 4-1-2-2-1

Goalie: Modern ball playing keeper who can command the bloody box

Defense: 2 attack minded fullbacks with pace (Gosens, Spinazzola, Maehle types) and couple all around ball playing/game readers and a big commanding one (Ruben Dias, peak De Ligt)

Midfield: 1 defensive midfielder (Ndidi, Kessie ) who’s able to cover and patrol the pitch, 2 extremely technical CMs (Barella, Pelligrini, Merino) who are able to control the game - pass, create and get a goal. 

Wingers: Wide forward/winger hybrid talisman who’s more of a goal scorer than winger  (Ferran Torres, Chiesa) and one mercurial winger (Ben Arfa, Maxi)

CF: Pacy, all action powerhouse (peak Demba Ba, Isak) 

So, I think I'd have three systems in mind. 

A 4-2-3-1 for home games or games in which we were clear favourites or expected to dictate the game. It would transition into more of a 3-4-3-1 in possession with full backs moving into the space vacated by the wingers sitting slightly more narrow. 

The second system would be a back three that basically apes Rafa's system in the last six months. This would be for away games where I thought we could catch teams on the counter or we were major underdogs. The CM pairing wouldn't be necessarily needed in the final third (one could join in if needed) but the CBs either side would be expected to bring it out and exploit the lane created by the wingbacks going wide. 

The final one would be your classic diamond formation (love you Cruyff). It would ask a lot of the fullbacks, but we'd basically stuff the middle of the field. This one would be for games in which I thought the talent level was the same but we had the physical advantage on our opposition. 

Edited by Thiago

13 hours ago, Mikky said:

I’d play a 3-4-1-2

The “1” covering that gap we always give opposing teams to pass around us - pisses me off 

Dubravka in goal 

2 wing backs with licence to push forward (Murphy and Lewis)

3 at the back (Fernandez, Lascelles and Schar on the left)

Hayden and Willock in the centre 

Joelinton just in front 

Wilson and ASM up top with ASM playing slightly towards the left allowing Murphy to push up on the right 

I haven't the technical ability to write down my thoughts as it's not easy to convey what you can see / think into words so in seeing this - it has hit the nail in the head for me.

After seeing the game on tuesday, i thought the back '4' were great - esp. Lewis, so as we are still 'weak' at the back, it would properly be best to play 3 at the back with 2 'wing backs'.

this will aid in defence, and also aid going forward.

I was looking at the games last night, and so far, the only team that seems 'Unbeatable' at present is Liverpool, this is going on snippets of the games, seeing one team doing a high press and the opposition then losing the ball. (VIL - CITY).

Burnley only had 6 or so shots, and the first on target wasn't until the 75 or so minute - so am vaguely optimistic on our chances of staying up.

5 hours ago, Disco said:

Weirdly was having a conversation over the weekend about which we thought was the best PL team/set up and I reckoned on the conclusion it was Man Utd’s 4-4-2 changing to 4-3-3 in attack with Rooney, Tevez and Ronald. 

As with all good teams the DM who can do it all and allow you to have the extra player who isn’t defensive minded is arguably the most important player. Be it Batty, Vieira, Gilberto (the best), Kante, Keane, Makelele, Rodri, Fernandinho etc. One of them operating at their best and it’s almost immaterial what system you play be 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-1-4-2.

However, the purist in me would have a 4-3-1-2 Milan style but with someone far more inconsistent than Kaka in the hole who is ideally all one foot like D'Alessandro or Aimar behind a semi big man/little man partnership.

Loved D'Alessandro and Aimar, man

The same way I've always set up on Pro Evo etc.

On paper a 4-4-2 but in reality a very fluid 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 to 4-2-4.

A mobile target man (Sir Les, Shearer type) and a link partner who is happy to push up and drop into a number 10. This is a busy role so needs mobility and stamina.

2 wide men, both with a bit of pace but ideally one who is a box of tricks and one who is direct and provides cross after cross

2 box to box midfielders

2 mean bastard centre halves and 2 quick full backs

Its a high tempo, quick transition style of play with the aim to get the ball to the front 4 as quickly as possible, mixing up short sharp passing with the occasional launch. Start the game going strong and attacking and continue in that manner.

Always feel its nice to score in the last 5 mins of a half to bugger up a team talk so definitely push forward more towards the end of the half.

Not going to worry about the other team, they can worry about us.

I'll use my vast experience of setting up teams on FIFA for this, as well as the formation used when I used to play when I was like 12 :lol:

3-5-2

RB CB LB
CDM CM
RW CAM LW
RS LS

The CDM obviously stays in front of the back 3, the CM a bit further to link the play with the CAM/wingers. The aim is to completely overwhelm teams from the middle, but have wide options as well, providing a lot of creative outlets and options going forward. As for defending? Sorts itself out doesn't it. 

The only time I picked a football team that I can recall, I set up a butchered 4-3-3 with @AyeDubbleYoo as acting crab in front of the backline, with @Theregulars as a false nine. @TaylorJ_01and AN other as wingers moonlighting as wide forwards. Pretty sure @Rich was at CB.

Got battered 6-2 by whatever team @Neil put out.

I wore a cardigan on the touchline so handsome defeat was probably always on the cards. 

Based purely on our current squad and strengths and weaknesses I’d go with the following team if fit in a 3-4-3 formation:

Dubravka

Fernandes Lascelles Schar (not in that order necessarily) 

Joelinton Hayden Shelvey Lewis

Almiron Wilson ASM

That formation and with those players could allow one of the centre-backs to step up into midfield when on the ball and allow one of the midfielders to step up further forward, in particular Shelvey who the front 3 will need to provide them with a launch pad to attack. Off the ball we can revert to 5-4-1 easily with Wilson the lone striker. I believe that would give us flexibility on and off the ball and if needed tactically if say we were to go a man down or need to hang onto a lead, but mostly to allow us to attack attack attack.

Tactically I’d have them play out from the back to the flanks who in turn play into midfield to Shelvey to play through balls, or for the flanks to sweep balls forwards into space in between the lines or down the lines for a Miggy or an ASM to run into or onto, hopefully leaving Wilson to not have to constantly have his back to goal or be deep, so he can be free to get into the box for crosses or one on ones against his man and or the ‘keeper. I’d press high and in Joelinton  and Lewis we would have the pace/power at least and the running/ball carrying/shielding ability to cover both flanks in defence and attack.

The key is to get Wilson free so he has a level of service from either flank alongside him in Almiron and ASM and behind them in Joelinton and Lewis. Hayden is in there to sit and protect/to drop back to allow someone from defence to step up or to allow Shelvey to advance in a more attacking role because he is a liability if he has to sit and defend or track back, that and his passing and creativity will be essential.

Back to the press, I’d implement a relentless press, this formation and the players can do that, especially out wide which is how LFC do it, which allows there not so creative midfield to support the attack and free up the middle in the final third and directly inside the box so they always have numbers and when off the ball, it comes back to their defensive side to recycle the ball back into the other half.

If only we still had Lejune…

Happy now @Rich?

Edited by HTT II

7 hours ago, Kanji said:

Love this thread. 

For me, a mad pressing team that pushes high up the pitch, creates overloads and traps when out of possession. In possession, quick and clever passing, control the game, impose the style, tons of movement and interchanges - attackers constantly making runs and finding space. 

System, I’m a 4-1-2-3 or 4-1-2-2-1

Goalie: Modern ball playing keeper who can command the bloody box

Defense: 2 attack minded fullbacks with pace (Gosens, Spinazzola, Maehle types) and couple all around ball playing/game readers and a big commanding one (Ruben Dias, peak De Ligt)

Midfield: 1 defensive midfielder (Ndidi, Kessie ) who’s able to cover and patrol the pitch, 2 extremely technical CMs (Barella, Pelligrini, Merino) who are able to control the game - pass, create and get a goal. 

Wingers: Wide forward/winger hybrid talisman who’s more of a goal scorer than winger  (Ferran Torres, Chiesa) and one mercurial winger (Ben Arfa, Maxi)

CF: Pacy, all action powerhouse (peak Demba Ba, Isak) 

This, but I would call it a 4-1-4-1

Have thought about this a bit through playing FM over the years but I'd go with a 2-3-2-2-1 or basically a fancy 4-3-3

GK

CB1 - - - - - - CB2

RWB - - - DM - - - - RWB

CM1- - - - CM2

RW - - - - - - - - - - - LW

ST

The idea is that groups of players working in groups/pods are responsible for certain areas of the pitch at certain times so that overloads can be gained in attack and a tight press in defence. 

GK needs to be commanding and a bit of a prick (eg. Kahn, Donnarumma, Dida)

CBs ideally would be on the prickish side too as well as physically strong and athletic (eg. Ramos, Puyol or Cannavaro)

I'd want the WBs to be able to cross really well and chip in with goals too as well as have the stamina to get up and down all the time (eg. Dani Alves, Marcelo, Ashley Cole or Cafu)

A DM like Cambiasso, Pirlo or Kimmich, someone that could read the situation, make interceptions and then ping a pass from back to front to kick off a quick attack.

The 2 CM would be constantly rotating going forward or covering with an emphasis on arriving on the edge of the box for the pull back, guys like Iniesta, Ballack, Nedved or Sneijder 

RW and LW are the flair players, the ones that the other team shit themselves about facing and who have a pretty free reign to terrorize as they see fit - grew up watching Ronaldinho so him and someone like prime Robben.

ST has to be an all rounder, good in the air and with decent pace, if he has a bit of devilment in him then all the better. Henry, Drogba, Raul or Batistuta.

My bench would be full of pace so that they can be brought on for the last 15-20 minutes to shred the oppo defence to bits. 

22 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

4-2-3-1 gegenpress. /FM

In seriousness, probably a 4-3-3. One defensive sitting midfielder, one box to box and one playmaking attacking minded midfielder as the central 3. All rounded CF, with quick, direct wingers who can come inside and chip in with goals. For home games or games you expect to win, push the full backs on and overload opposition in wide areas. For away games, have the full backs a tad more reserved in committing forward.

Apologies before hand for this post, I completely nerded🤓out on this, I'm not even totally sure if it will make any sense, it does to me in my head, but getting it down in a post or typing seems difficult. Hopefully nobody takes the piss to much, I quite enjoyed thinking about this.

It is a bit of a TLDR;😉👍🏻

The modern day front three seems to be based around pace, I think watching football since before the premier league began, times have changed dramatically.

You could never rely on a striker like Ian Rush or Shearer, I think they'd still get you goals in the modern game, but nothing like in a front three of the Liverpool and Man City styles. What I mean by that is, the modern front three all chip in with goals, from all areas, more coming from the inside FWD area, in Salah and Mane for example. Shearer liked to be the main man, the target man, I'm not sure he'd cut it in wider positions.

If I was basing it on Newcastle's current team with what I'd do personally, a lot would need to change, not so much in the formation, but all around personnel and strategy. I could live with Wilson as the point man, of a front three, but I'd have my doubts about his fitness, so baring that in mind, I would need someone equally as good, or better, to step into his boots, and challenge him to be the top guy.

Because I'm basing this on Newcastle currently, I'd have to consider what I think would be available to improve us, I dont want to do a dream team/fantasy team, but I'll use what I'd consider we could challenge for wages wise.

If at all possible, although Liverpool have been tipped to sign Raphina, he would become the first replacement at RW.

We would be looking at a front three of (ASM/Wilson/Raphina) that type would fit my philosophy. I'd consider players with skill and Pace, I did really enjoy watching Jeremy Doku in the Euros for Belgium, I'm unsure of his attempts on goal though, I'd require the wide inside forwards to be attempting regular goal attempts.

The idea of this would require ASM to change his game a bit, although he's a fantastic skillful player he lacks the dynamic style Raphina brings on the opposite side, when Raphina cuts inside, he has a better shot, and he can finish. I'd be looking at ASM and Raphina to create opportunities for Wilson from parried shots, ASM and Raphina obviously looking for Wilson if he's available, but otherwise forcing the keeper to stop shots from either side while cutting in and taking their attempts to shoot, (if they didn't score) the other two depending on the side of the attack, anticipating the pass, or the shot, and finishing.

The pace of both Raphina and ASM, would also pin opposing fullbacks, back in their half, but this will equally require attacking pacey fullbacks in our set up, again here, think Liverpool and Man City, even Chelsea a bit here, Robertson, and TAA help their players ahead of them, by supporting them to pin back opposing defences, the other thing they posses is the ability to assist the FWDs, but also, they're extremely fit, and quick, but they also get back and cover. This is in my opinion, our current biggest problem, the fullbacks at Newcastle are atrocious. We sadly allowed two very talented fullbacks to leave, in James Tavanier & Kevin Mbabu, since then though, we have taken one good fullback on loan, and it made a huge difference, Jetro Willems was very good for ASM, he gave him that support I speak of above, but equally in the time Jetro was here, he did get a goal or two and supported the attack, and was fairly good at defending. Willems wouldn't be the player I'd go for now, but it's an example of how we are so badly lacking in the fullback areas, I'd be looking at perhaps experience in someone like Trippier/Zinchchenko, and also a guy that's going to grow, Livramento or Lamptey. I would want these two positions to be the hardest workers on the pitch, they're going to need to be extremely fit, because they'll be covering the most ground over 90 minutes, supporting the attack, pinning back opposing teams width, but strong enough, fit enough, fast enough, and the ability to defend.

Just off the front three would be a creative CM/AM someone who could be the bottom part of the diamond in the front three/four, they can link the attack, but also drop in and support the midfield, would predominantly need to be more creative, but posses the ability to read danger, here I'd be looking for a future Cabaye type, again I'm not sure we possess a player of the required ability to play in between the striker and midfield, so it would need to be a new signing, the type I'm not sure, I don't want to say, Firmino, because I don't think Firmino has the discipline I'd be needing for the dropping back to support, I'm actually thinking I'd be wanting a fullback type mentality here again, so a creative player, but fit enough to get up and down. My ideal person here would have been (David Silva) good at everything, mainly creative, but hard working and good at winning the ball back.  Very difficult to identify a player of that quality in our position at the minute, I do see someone like Conor Gallagher or Christian Eriksen, fitting well with how I'd want the attack/midfield link to operate, I'd suppose theres not going to be another David Silva for a good while.

Moving onto the middle two, (by the way if it's not obvious already this is a 4-2-1-3) the two will need to be predominantly defensive, one of the brick wall,ball winning, loves getting stuck in mentality, the other good ball winner, but fast distributor, good mental game, decent passer, instantly think of, Kalvin Phillips, and Jordan Henderson, or Ngolo Kante, but I'm going to think of players, possibly, likely to come here, because those players definitely will not.

I do think though a cheeky bid for Kalvin Phillips wouldn't be out of the question, he cant be on mega bucks at Leeds, and I think although not right now, we are/will be more ambitious than Leeds, and more attractive as a club and City.

That would leave me looking at the defensive type, Boubacar Kamara has been linked/mentioned, is he good enough? I honestly dont know, he can play CB and also CDM, but,Is he the Jack Russell type I'm looking for in my approach, I would be wanting someone who compliments the defence and the supporting midfielder he partners, I'd guess the likes of Leander Dendonker, or Eric Dier, would be a good fit, but neither would be the Kante/Kimmich that would be the ideal player I'd really want in front of the back four. 

On to the CB's and Goalkeeper. 

Schar and Fernandes I do rate to be honest, but long term they would need replacements. And my style would require a taller, no nonsense, mentally aware type, organised, probably a captain (massively important to be the communicator and drive the team on), and a slightly shorter more mobile CB. 

I cant think of examples of the top of my head, I know we have been linked with Conor Coady, I don't know enough, but I know from what I've read, he has very good leadership skills, many of the England set up have commented on his leadership qualities, and he talks himself about being vocal on the pitch, I think this is very important.

In Goalkeeping, it would be very difficult to identify who is a possible addition, I know what I'd want from a keeper, mental awareness, and super quick distribution, get that ball back out as quickly as possible, no hanging around, feed those pacey fullbacks and wide players I speak of. I dont have a particular keeper i can think of, but the qualities would be what I just mentioned, ball out quick, someone with safe hands, not afraid to come for difficult situations, and just quick with decisions that can create a counter attack, or compliment the side with tidy distribution. 

So 4-2-1-3

Here's a look at the formation and style.

Below is the current team set up how I'd want them, but they don't possess the qualities required to implement the plan.

20211202-170149.png

The next team, with a few possible future signings, I believe could implement, a style,with very attacking wide play, from the fullbacks and wingers, and a strong defensive midfield, that can link with the creative attack.

20211202-182228.png

Red: player runs/positions/cover/Attacking movement/Defensive movement. 

Blue: passing/assists/creation.

Yellow: Shots/Attempts

The 4-2-1-3 would be based around the way Liverpool play, over Man City, I feel Man City's Style would be incredibly difficult to emulate. 

👍🏻

A deep, narrow and compact counter attacking 4-3-3. 

- Four huge combative CB MONSTERS in defence, Tony Pulis style, but the wide players are adept at bringing the ball out..

- Three physical box to box midfielders. Two of those would have to be a world class playmakers but still primary defensive, the third can be an outright anchor man, effectively a FIFTH CB. Understanding between the trio is key.

- Two direct inverted wingers/forwards with godlike ability. 

- A target man striker.

Dirty tackling, combative deep defending with 7 players, direct counters with 5 players and complete domination at set pieces- throw ins, fouls at the center - everything is floated in the box. Would require a lot of quality and stamina from the attacking players like but I'll coach it into them no bother..

12 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Apologies before hand for this post, I completely nerded🤓out on this, I'm not even totally sure if it will make any sense, it does to me in my head, but getting it down in a post or typing seems difficult. Hopefully nobody takes the piss to much, I quite enjoyed thinking about this.

The modern day front three seems to be based around pace, I think watching football since before the premier league began, times have changed dramatically.

You could never rely on a striker like Ian Rush or Shearer, I think they'd still get you goals in the modern game, but nothing like in a front three of the Liverpool and Man City styles. What I mean by that is, the modern front three all chip in with goals, from all areas, more coming from the inside FWD area, in Salah and Mane for example. Shearer liked to be the main man, the target man, I'm not sure he'd cut it in wider positions.

If I was basing it on Newcastle's current team with what I'd do personally, a lot would need to change, not so much in the formation, but all around personnel and strategy. I could live with Wilson as the point man, of a front three, but I'd have my doubts about his fitness, so baring that in mind, I would need someone equally as good, or better, to step into his boots, and challenge him to be the top guy.

Because I'm basing this on Newcastle currently, I'd have to consider what I think would be available to improve us, I dont want to do a dream team/fantasy team, but I'll use what I'd consider we could challenge for wages wise.

If at all possible, although Liverpool have been tipped to sign Raphina, he would become the first replacement at RW.

We would be looking at a front three of (ASM/Wilson/Raphina) that type would fit my philosophy. I'd consider players with skill and Pace, I did really enjoy watching Jeremy Doku in the Euros for Belgium, I'm unsure of his attempts on goal though, I'd require the wide inside forwards to be attempting regular goal attempts.

The idea of this would require ASM to change his game a bit, although he's a fantastic skillful player he lacks the dynamic style Raphina brings on the opposite side, when Raphina cuts inside, he has a better shot, and he can finish. I'd be looking at ASM and Raphina to create opportunities for Wilson from parried shots, ASM and Raphina obviously looking for Wilson if he's available, but otherwise forcing the keeper to stop shots from either side while cutting in and taking their attempts to shoot, (if they didn't score) the other two depending on the side of the attack, anticipating the pass, or the shot, and finishing.

The pace of both Raphina and ASM, would also pin opposing fullbacks, back in their half, but this will equally require attacking pacey fullbacks in our set up, again here, think Liverpool and Man City, even Chelsea a bit here, Robertson, and TAA help their players ahead of them, by supporting them to pin back opposing defences, the other thing they posses is the ability to assist the FWDs, but also, they're extremely fit, and quick, but they also get back and cover. This is in my opinion, our current biggest problem, the fullbacks at Newcastle are atrocious. We sadly allowed two very talented fullbacks to leave, in James Tavanier & Kevin Mbabu, since then though, we have taken one good fullback on loan, and it made a huge difference, Jetro Willems was very good for ASM, he gave him that support I speak of above, but equally in the time Jetro was here, he did get a goal or two and supported the attack, and was fairly good at defending. Willems wouldn't be the player I'd go for now, but it's an example of how we are so badly lacking in the fullback areas, I'd be looking at perhaps experience in someone like Trippier/Zinchchenko, and also a guy that's going to grow, Livramento or Lamptey. I would want these two positions to be the hardest workers on the pitch, they're going to need to be extremely fit, because they'll be covering the most ground over 90 minutes, supporting the attack, pinning back opposing teams width, but strong enough, fit enough, fast enough, and the ability to defend.

Just off the front three would be a creative CM/AM someone who could be the bottom part of the diamond in the front three/four, they can link the attack, but also drop in and support the midfield, would predominantly need to be more creative, but posses the ability to read danger, here I'd be looking for a future Cabaye type, again I'm not sure we possess a player of the required ability to play in between the striker and midfield, so it would need to be a new signing, the type I'm not sure, I don't want to say, Firmino, because I don't think Firmino has the discipline I'd be needing for the dropping back to support, I'm actually thinking I'd be wanting a fullback type mentality here again, so a creative player, but fit enough to get up and down. My ideal person here would have been (David Silva) good at everything, mainly creative, but hard working and good at winning the ball back.  Very difficult to identify a player of that quality in our position at the minute, I do see someone like Conor Gallagher or Christian Eriksen, fitting well with how I'd want the attack/midfield link to operate, I'd suppose theres not going to be another David Silva for a good while.

Moving onto the middle two, (by the way if it's not obvious already this is a 4-2-1-3) the two will need to be predominantly defensive, one of the brick wall,ball winning, loves getting stuck in mentality, the other good ball winner, but fast distributor, good mental game, decent passer, instantly think of, Kalvin Phillips, and Jordan Henderson, or Ngolo Kante, but I'm going to think of players, possibly, likely to come here, because those players definitely will not.

I do think though a cheeky bid for Kalvin Phillips wouldn't be out of the question, he cant be on mega bucks at Leeds, and I think although not right now, we are/will be more ambitious than Leeds, and more attractive as a club and City.

That would leave me looking at the defensive type, Boubacar Kamara has been linked/mentioned, is he good enough? I honestly dont know, he can play CB and also CDM, but,Is he the Jack Russell type I'm looking for in my approach, I would be wanting someone who compliments the defence and the supporting midfielder he partners, I'd guess the likes of Leander Dendonker, or Eric Dier, would be a good fit, but neither would be the Kante/Kimmich that would be the ideal player I'd really want in front of the back four. 

Schar and Fernandes I do rate to be honest, but long term they would need replacements. And my style would require a taller, no nonsense, mentally aware type, organised, probably a captain (massively important to be the communicator and drive the team on), and a slightly shorter more mobile CB. 

I cant think of examples of the top of my head, I know we have been linked with Conor Coady, I don't know enough, but I know from what I've read, he has very good leadership skills, many of the England set up have commented on his leadership qualities, and he talks himself about being vocal on the pitch, I think this is very important.

In Goalkeeping, it would be very difficult to identify who is a possible addition, I know what I'd want from a keeper, mental awareness, and super quick distribution, get that ball back out as quickly as possible, no hanging around, feed those pacey fullbacks and wide players I speak of. I dont have a particular keeper i can think of, but the qualities would be what I just mentioned, ball out quick, someone with safe hands, not afraid to come for difficult situations, and just quick with decisions that can create a counter attack, or compliment the side with tidy distribution. 

So 4-2-1-3

Below is the current team set up how I'd want them, but they don't possess the qualities required to implement the plan.

20211202-170149.png

The next team, with a few possible future signings, I believe could implement, a style,with very attacking wide play, from the fullbacks and wingers, and a strong defensive midfield, that can link with the creative attack.

20211202-182228.png

The 4-2-1-3 would be based around the way Liverpool play, over Man City, I feel Man City's Style would be incredibly difficult to emulate. 

👍🏻

What on earth is going on here 

12 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

So 4-2-1-3

20211202-170149.png

20211202-182228.png

👍🏻

Nice attention to detail and tactical analysis, great post in many ways, I just feel some of your future signings are way too unrealistic. I do like the formation, set up, style of play and potential, however. Again a great post IMO.

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Nice attention to detail and tactical analysis, great post in many ways, I just feel some of your future signings are way too unrealistic. I do like the formation, set up, style of play and potential, however. Again a great post IMO.

Really? I didn't feel they were too ridiculous, I wasn't aiming for a fantasy team, Mbappe etc?

Help me figure who's a no chance, I feel Dier, Spurs wouldn't negotiate with us, but he might want out, Raphina/Phillip's Leeds won't be able to stop bids for these two, I'm guessing though, you'd be right in thinking they'd choose a Liverpool or Man Utd over us, Would Raphina be able to keep out Salah though?

It's far fetched a tad at present, two years time, and if we resist the drop this season, I could see it. Many have been linked with us, I just threw a few in that might work in a "if you were a manager" style.

Properly went all out fm 2005 😁

👍🏼

3-4-3.

Midfield and defense deploying a systematic pressure/cover/balance defensive approach in their own half when without the ball. 

Center forward either a clinical fox in the box type or a forward capable of playing a big man/link up role. The wide forwards are there to be quick and provide utter chaos in attack. They should be your stereotypical, hard to work with, temperamental, genius. The type of player where you don't know what they will do next because THEY don't know what they will do next either. 

Bog standard tactics: well drilled in defense, rigid approach, tight shape. Take away time and space of the opposition. In attack, stretch the play, create as much time and space as possible. 

We're not bothering chasing absolutely everything. If a high press is immediately beneficial then sure, otherwise sit deeper. 

Focus is on protecting the central column of the field. Don't give a shit about the wings. Everything has to come back inside anyway. The emphasis is on staying tight and compact. 

Fast counters where possible.