Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

18 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I went to Norham so fuck knows what that makes mine. [emoji38]

I did my YTS on Norham Road next to the bus station back in the day and the locals took the piss out of my Blyth accent. And they also called me a 'power station wanker' :lol: 

There's no way we win that game under Bruce btw. With Bruce in charge, there's no way we go for that second goal, instead we would have sat back as soon as we scored, inviting pressure from Burnley and most likely concede at least a couple. 

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Also not sure what he's usually like but given his team are down there with us I'm not convinced Tarkowski is someone we should be super interested in. 

Don't think that Burnley would sell him to us even if we were. They'd be mad to. No matter how much we offer. Selling to a relegation rival? Nope.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

ref was bizarre today. really fucking ridiculous decisions.

and we should have a VAR penalty for handball.

makes him letting our goal stand all the more unbelievable.

Nah, was never a pen. Jamal Lewis holding onto one of them as the ball came in late on was more of a pen than that.

So my view of yesterday now ive sobered up [emoji38]

As predicted a very ugly game at times, the first half we hadnt a clue how to get through them yet we went in 1-0:up , bonus .

Burnley are a strong team, 2 banks of 4 and 2 lumps up front , ugly.

We played much better in the second half , Willock and Miggy were the standout passengers for me offering the square root of nothing imho, if it wasn’t for ASM we’d have nothing in this game .

Massive win but I think if this is us at 100% it’s still worrying , however Burnley make teams look shit , they are awful.

Did anyone notice the Burnley fans at full time? Giving their players the fingers and dogs abuse :lol:

3 hours ago, GWN said:

So my view of yesterday now ive sobered up [emoji38]

As predicted a very ugly game at times, the first half we hadnt a clue how to get through them yet we went in 1-0:up , bonus .

Burnley are a strong team, 2 banks of 4 and 2 lumps up front , ugly.

We played much better in the second half , Willock and Miggy were the standout passengers for me offering the square root of nothing imho, if it wasn’t for ASM we’d have nothing in this game .

Massive win but I think if this is us at 100% it’s still worrying , however Burnley make teams look shit , they are awful.

Did anyone notice the Burnley fans at full time? Giving their players the fingers and dogs abuse :lol:

Reading their match thread on us and it seems they’ve turned on Dyche. 

If Cornet is out for a significant period of time it’s pretty crap news for them.

12 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can anyone who has been to the last few games confirm that the atmosphere has been brilliant ? I’ve only been able to watch on tv but it sounds great ?

Can't really knock the atmosphere since the takeover went through really. Been even better the last three games though.

Yesterday probably not quite as good as Tuesday when the crowd really stepped up after the early red card but it felt like a special moment at the end of the game yesterday with the players hugging and majority of the crowd staying behind to chant and cheer them off. Even for a grumpy old git like me.

Don't ask me much about the game as going into town at 11am has seen to any memory of the match. The 1 thing I do remember though is how good the atmosphere was. Its always decent in strawberry corner anyway. I absolutely love it when everyone is on the same page and together. The atmosphere at the end of the game was class.

Delighted with the result obviously, but somewhat concerned about the performance. Burnley are crap tbh and we still struggled to break them down. Sadly I can see us still being on 10 points after the next 4 games, which will see us probably cut adrift again. Will need a miracle and some very astute signings in January to stay up.

It's hardly surprising they started poorly. Most of the side played a physically gruelling game on Tuesday. More importantly though, they hadn't won in 14 games, their confidence will have been on its arse and everyone was aware this was absolute must win.

12 hours ago, 54 said:

Get the fuck in man.  The feeling in there at that final whistle. 

Took my 9 year old daughter for her first game, in the back of the gallowgate... Absolutely buzzing she got to experience that. 

Yeah it was an ugly win but our first one was probably always likely to be. Yesterday was a case of making sure we profited from whatever scraps we could find and then remaining solid enough to see it out. In the end it probably should've been more comfortable and whilst they had one or two moments, I don't think Burnley could've complained had it been a 2-0 defeat as opposed to the narrow 1-0 it turned out to be. We were some better decision making/better corners away from snatching at least another goal in that second half spell, plus Murphy's fluffed opportunity on the counter right at the end.