Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 12/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

:lol: I’m surrounded by them. My missus is a Lestah fan.

A lot of them think there’s still an over reliance on old heads like Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel. They seem concerned there doesn’t appear to be any longer term planning for when Vardy in particular may be past it. While they’ll admit they fleeced Man Utd for Maguire, they’re losing patience with Soyuncu. The ones I speak to most find Perez frustrating too. 

On top of that, the ones I speak to don’t think Rodgers has managed the Thursday/Sunday schedule particularly well and aren’t that arsed about the Waffa Cup.

22 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

On top of that, the ones I speak to don’t think Rodgers has managed the Thursday/Sunday schedule particularly well and aren’t that arsed about the Waffa Cup.

Hate that. There's absolutely no reason why a Leicester City fan shouldn't be excited to be in that competition. I'd say the same for fans of us as well, like. 

34 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: I’m surrounded by them. My missus is a Lestah fan.

A lot of them think there’s still an over reliance on old heads like Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel. They seem concerned there doesn’t appear to be any longer term planning for when Vardy in particular may be past it. While they’ll admit they fleeced Man Utd for Maguire, they’re losing patience with Soyuncu. The ones I speak to most find Perez frustrating too. 

Leicester fans are getting way above themselves tbh. That freak title win isn't going to make them a great club by itself. They'll probably start turning on their owners next because they aren't rich enough. 

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

This pisses me off too.  I would love a run in Europe.  It just adds a lot to supporting a team.

If a Leicester fan isn't arsed about being in the Europa League, it's an indictment of those fans themselves and also of the state of the game. Is everything really about qualifying for/being in the Champions fucking League? How depressing if so. 

I'd give me left arm for a couple of glamour ties against Napoli. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If a Leicester fan isn't arsed about being in the Europa League, it's an indictment of those fans themselves and also of the state of the game. Is everything really about qualifying for/being in the Champions fucking League? How depressing if so. 

Allocation of 2,000 and not sold them all, according to my quick Google search.

41 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not just those ties would have me hella excited, a group stage match against a PSV or even someone like Ludogorets or Sturm Graz would do for me. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Think if don't go all guns blazing for first 65-70 mins then go for it once they tire after there midweek game then could get a result but I'd take a point. Swap Miggy for Hayden and put big Joe out wide. 433. Bring Miggy on for last 20 

11 hours ago, HWTL said:

Think if don't go all guns blazing for first 65-70 mins then go for it once they tire after there midweek game then could get a result but I'd take a point. Swap Miggy for Hayden and put big Joe out wide. 433. Bring Miggy on for last 20 

Bringing Hayden in is a bad idea. He's poop.

Bringing Hayden in for Almiron is an even worse idea.

I thought they looked quality going forward in the first half v Villa.  Really should have scored 2 or 3.  Second half, they were crap and Villa looked pretty comfortable and decent on the break.  

Absolutely useless at defending set pieces and leave plenty of space on the counter.  I'd say either or both of those would be our best chances of getting something.  As I think they are going to cause us real problems with their attacking players.  Barnes and also Maddison in particular are going to find plenty of space between the lines.  Daka looked really lively and I'd fear him just as much as Vardy, based on yesterday's game. 

You know what, with Howe, I genuinely feel we can get something anywhere. Yes, Liverpool and City might well smash us, but he'll at least have a go. As for this match, Leicester are still quality, and could comfortably win this if everything clicks for them. But the same can be said for us. ASM having a blinder, Joelinton continuing his upward trajectory, Wilson always good for a goal. Who knows? Think it might be a score draw, and that wouldn't be the end of the world.

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Need to keep Barnes and Maddison quiet 

We're going to struggle especially when he's been going on national television declaring he's going to the Shetlands for nee reason. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

19 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Errrrrm. 

I find it quite funny that fans everywhere use Steve Bruce as a benchmark for useless managers, yet professional bald journalists still feel the need to defend him. 

On 05/12/2021 at 03:31, et tu brute said:

Leicester are a funny team, at times they look very good and yet at other times very average. My big concern is that they will overrun us in midfield. Last season down there for 75 minutes we could have scored 6 or 7, then the last 15 minutes they could have scored 4 or 5 also. I know the defence was better today, but it’s still also very much our Achilles heel. Just got to hope getting the monkey of our back will give the necessary boost. 

Defence is certainly a weak point, but the last 3 games [clean sheet, one thunderbastard with 10 men, and restricting Arsenal to two brilliant goals] have shown they're no longer a disaster waiting to happen. If we can restrict Leicester like we did Arsenal we might get a result.

On 05/12/2021 at 08:34, Geordie_once_removed said:

I only watched the extended highlights of yesterday's game. There were a couple of points where our defenders were miles out of position, especially the centre-backs. I can't see Leicester not capitalising on that and scoring. I feel the best we can hope for is a score draw.

Against Burnley the expectation of a win was greater so we were always going to take more risks. The defensive display against Arsenal is a better indication of how we will play against Leicester. 

Chatting about Perez with a Leicester supporting mate and just said to him that I'd kill to have him back here

He says that obviously Perez is quality but should be playing where Maddison is playing (Number 10) to be at his best and he for the most part hasn't there.