Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 12/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m pretty relaxed either way tbh, I think it’s a good time to play them, however a postponement gives us more time on the training ground and we may have better players by the time it’s rescheduled.

Nah, I want my Sunday footy Toon fix!

It does beg the question, what’s the point in having a squad, reserves, under 23s etc. Spurs should be forced to play the game, those missing due to Covid, bring in some academy players or forfeit the game. 

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If he's lost 9 players to covid and all 9 have been vaccinated then fair enough. If say only 4-5 have been jabbed then fuck em, its not Covid that makes them miss out, its stupidity. 

Being jabbed won’t stop them getting Covid or getting really bad with it though. 

Just now, HTT II said:

It does beg the question, what’s the point in having a squad, reserved, under 23s etc. Spurs should be forced to play the game, those missing due to Covid, bring in some academy players or forfeit the game. 

I'm with ya, but set's a precedent you just know we'll be on the losing end of at some point. :lol: 

Just now, HTT II said:

It does beg the question, what’s the point in having a squad, reserved, under 23s etc. Spurs should be forced to play the game, those missing due to Covid, bring in some academy players or forfeit the game. 

I and I’m sure you would feel very differently if we lost dubravka, Wilson, ASM and other key players due to covid.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Being jabbed won’t stop them getting Covid or getting really bad with it though. 

Has there been a player who's had long COVID or severe setbacks? Darlow is who comes to mind for us. That could be down to our crack pot medical staff and them treating it with some Vicks and a lolly with a pat on the heed. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Has there been a player who's had long COVID or severe setbacks? Darlow is who comes to mind for us. That could be down to our crack pot medical staff and them treating it with some Vicks and a lolly with a pat on the heed. 

Didn't Saint Maximin end up in hospital and was out for a long time due to it?

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It's more down to them not doing what they can to protect themselves then expecting the game to be called off. For me if you didn't vaccinate then it's your fault. Same at work here, not vaccinated and you get sick you get stat pay. 

27 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

@healthyaddiction was that actually disclosed via club comm's? I mean, it definitely seems that way putting 2 and 2 together. 

Might be wrong but I though it was confirmed.

Edit: definitely confirmed him and lascelles were off for a long time due to long covid and both had severe symptoms. Can't find confirmation of them in hospital though.

Edited by healthyaddiction

50 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If he's lost 9 players to covid and all 9 have been vaccinated then fair enough. If say only 4-5 have been jabbed then fuck em, its not Covid that makes them miss out, its stupidity. 

Apparently only three or four have COVID and the others unavailable (defined as ‘ill’) are having to self-isolate because they’re unvaccinated.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Apparently only three or four have COVID and the others unavailable (defined as ‘ill’) are having to self-isolate because they’re unvaccinated.

Bet you now they get permission to postpone the game, at least the NFL have got it right any team that can’t play because of unvaccinated players will forfeit the game 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m pretty relaxed either way tbh, I think it’s a good time to play them, however a postponement gives us more time on the training ground and we may have better players by the time it’s rescheduled.

We have some momentum for the first time this season, and this is as good a chance we'll get this month to get something. I don't think games in hand will be much use later on in the season if we fall further behind due to other teams at the bottom getting points this weekend while we are left twiddling our thumbs. 

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Are you now actively a supporter again @HTT II?

Great if so

I can confirm I’m back in love and fully immersed and interested with all things NUFC again, but I doubt I’ll ever go back to games fully, the odd cup game here and there and maybe some away games in London to coincide with visiting family maybe. I’m just happy to watch from the comfort of my home and happily just be an armchair fan, comfortable in the knowledge I’ve done my time over the years supporting us home and away in person and protesting and various other stuff.

Before the takeover I wanted the club to crash and burn, lose every game and for the fans home and away to suffer, now I’m the opposite and I’m delighted for everyone and especially old timers going back to games again. It is our club after all and we now have it back. I don’t care about the noise over the takeover and our owners, they could just run us like they have thus far and invest modestly and I’d be delighted as long as we have a club that tries on and off the pitch. Happy days!

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I can confirm I’m back in love and fully immersed and interested with all things NUFC again, but I doubt I’ll ever go back to games fully, the odd cup game here and there and maybe some away games in London to coincide with visiting family maybe. I’m just happy to watch from the comfort of my home and happily just be an armchair fan, comfortable in the knowledge I’ve done my time over the years supporting us home and away in person and protesting and various other stuff.

Before the takeover I wanted the club to crash and burn, lose every game and for the fans home and away to suffer, now I’m the opposite and I’m delighted for everyone and especially old timers going back to games again. It is our club after all and we now have it back. I don’t care about the noise over the takeover and our owners, they could just run us like they have thus far and invest modestly and I’d be delighted as long as we have a club that tries on and off the pitch. Happy days!

Couldn't agree more, however that moment against Brentford before kick-off singing to 'Hey Jude' with my 2 boys was something I'll take to the grave. My emotions were all over the place, still are thinking about it. A spark I never knew I had still left in me. Pure, clean Euphoria, only experienced elsewhere via chemicals. If that's the future for my boys growing up supporting their team. Ah man, I need to have some of it in a supporting role now the main event has passed for me.

Since then I've changed. Just listening to Hey Jude earlier on my new earbuds as i break them in. No one in the house and i'm on the coffee table shouting 'Na na na naaaa, Geordies!'  It's fucking back and uncontrollable, it may be the most I've felt about anything for a long time. As sad are those comments are 'fuck it i'm on one' as Prof Eminem once said.

Also had a few drinks tonight, might explain things. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Couldn't agree more, however that moment against Brentford before kick-off singing to 'Hey Jude' with my 2 boys was something I'll take to the grave. My emotions were all over the place, still are thinking about it. A spark I never knew I had still left in me. Pure, clean Euphoria, only experienced elsewhere via chemicals. If that's the future for my boys growing up supporting their team. Ah man, I need to have some of it in a supporting role now the main event has passed for me.

Since then I've changed. Just listening to Hey Jude earlier on my new earbuds as i break them in. No one in the house and i'm on the coffee table shouting 'Na na na naaaa, Geordies!'  It's fucking back and uncontrollable, it may be the most I've felt about anything for a long time. As sad are those comments are 'fuck it i'm on one' as Prof Eminem once said.

Also had a few drinks tonight, might explain things. :lol:

It’s extra special when it’s with your kids mate, that’s what angered me the most during the Ashley years, my kids basically barely know NUFC or of it thanks to him, and my youngest is footy daft. They know they only have one team, however, whether they like football or not and that’s their team for life. Hopefully I can get them to a few games, my oldest doesn’t like football, but he enjoys going out and events and the 10 or so games he’s been to (7 of them probably Gateshead) he’s loved the day out. Bus and or metro, hot dog or burger, the lush green grass, the noise, the passion. Football is a beautiful game it really is. Glad you and your boys had that feeling which hopefully will last them a lifetime!

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s extra special when it’s with your kids mate, that’s what angered me the most during the Ashley years, my kids basically barely know NUFC or of it thanks to him, and my youngest is footy daft. They know they only have one team, however, whether they like football or not and that’s their team for life. Hopefully I can get them to a few games, my oldest doesn’t like football, but he enjoys going out and events and the 10 or so games he’s been to (7 of them probably Gateshead) he’s loved the day out. Bus and or metro, hot dog or burger, the lush green grass, the noise, the passion. Football is a beautiful game it really is. Glad you and your boys had that feeling which hopefully will last them a lifetime!

We should have a N-O Dads day out for Cambridge FA cup match. Sure I seen a few others thinking of taking their kids to it.