Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

Stop being so knee jerk everyone. It’s been a lovely day and we have only let in 4. Stop showing emotion when watching football. Oh I forgot to add a little smiley face too.

1 minute ago, sh74 said:

Desperately Need that cheque book out in January 

Is it even worth it, though? There's no way we're staying up, even with 6-7 players in come January. I'm all in on Eddie and almost think it's better to start a rebuild in the championship where we can outspend and change the narrative around this club for the better without the media pressure, heightened expectations, etc. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We could play three. Willock and Shelvey literally can’t defend 

Who would the other one be ? Hayden is too often invisible, Longstaff can't do either . I'd be tempted to put Joelinton there.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Scary this about this is that I thought this was our best team, blame Howe all you want, but this team just lacks quality in the key areas. 

Not with Fernandez on the bench and a midfield two of Shelvey and Willock. 

Absolutely dreadful this.

I at least expected some urgency and fight but fucking hell, this is utter shit.

We have 2/3 players with Football brains, but no physical attributes, and 3/4 with physical attributes and no fucking brain!

We need to cut out this Willock shelvey shit and get back to basics.

Drop Lascelles and let Fede Captain the team with Hayden protecting the midfield.

If Maxi can't learn to pass or created or score more often, I'd drop him too.

This is fucking embarrassing against a distinctly average team today with no confidence or momentum. We should be shot for our approach today and that includes Eddie.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Willock is not a CM, and if we must play Shelvey we need someone alongside him who can break up play and sit deep.

I liked Willock further forward last season, but he simply cannot pay where he's being asked to in this formation. We're getting sliced apart and the defence have no protection.