Liverpool FC v Newcastle United - 16/12/21 8pm (BT Sports)

Raconteur

If we persist with 4 at the back I'd go;

Dubravka

Manquillo Lascelles Schär Lewis

Willock Hayden Shelvey

Joelinton Wilson Maxi

Have Hayden drop into the centre to make a back 5 when we need it which will probably be all game. I cannot bear to watch Longstaff on the ball in our own half under pressure at Anfield, makes me feel nauseous. If by some miracle we're only losing by 1 or drawing bring Miggy on as a ball carrier to relieve pressure.

Same backline, as much as I detest Lascelles currently, I want Clark nowhere near the team again.

Drop ASM for Murphy. Hayden in for Willock.

Dubs

Manq Schär Lascelles Lewis

Hayden Shelvey Almiron

Murphy Wilson Joelinton

Edited by Dr Jinx

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Same backline, as much as I detest Lascelles currently, I want Clark nowhere near the team again.

Drop ASM for Murphy. Bring Ritchie in further up. Hayden in for Willock.

Dubs

Manq Schär Lascelles Lewis

Hayden Shelvey Almiron

Ritchie Wilson Joelinton

So drop ASM for Murphy, then leave him out your line up ? That's mean, dropping him for someone you'd not even play.

Edited by madras

I notice 'Mickey' fucking Gray is on radio co-comms tomo for talkshite. Struggle to think of many sides who have so many former bitter cunt managers/players or players for former rivals assigned to co-commentate on their matches.

I'd bench/rest ASM tonight.

Has a history of muscle injuries with us and we're going to need all 11 to put a real shift in, something he either can't or won't do.

Ultimately, whatever line up we pick we're unlikely to get anything.

I think I'd go 4-1-4-1.

Dubravka 

Manquillo

Lascelles

Clark (rest Schar for City).

Lewis

Hayden

Fraser

Shelvey 

Anderson/Hendrick 

Miggy

Wilson/Gayle

So definitely resting ASM, Joelinton, Schar and maybe Wilson with a workmanlike midfield and pace in Fraser and Miggy to break.

If we keep picking ASM and Wilson every game they'll just break down at some point. Basically just use the squad where possible.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

The thing is that he can't play too much of a defensive line up for the simple fact that it would be like the first 10 games we've played this season - backs to the wall and trying to hit them on the break, issue here is that we'd lose the ball midfield, and with too many people going forward then we'd be open to a 'right fucking'.

So he's got to balance the defensive side of things with the possibility of having some sort of attacking prospect in the line up as well.

So for me, I'd go with a 3-5-1-1 sort of formation, 

Dubs

Manq Schär Lascelles

fraser or murphy    Hayden   Shelvey    willock    ritchie or Almiron

Joelinton

Wilson 

With Fraser, Shelvey and Ritchie being able to drop back 'if needed' - like all the time.

Let's see what happens. Fancying 3-1 to them.