Liverpool FC v Newcastle United - 16/12/21 8pm (BT Sports)

Raconteur

Will most likely be a 3-4-3 with wing backs (and what I'd go for as well personally):

Dubravka

Schar Lascelles Fernandez

Fraser                                       Lewis

Hayden Shelvey

Joelinton          Wilson             ASM

As much as I want to see Almiron start, if it is a wing back system, he's going to be nowhere near the starting line up.

Keep the score down as respectable as possible, another riot like yesterday wouldn't do the players' confidence any favours.

EDIT: I'm also missing this as I'm going to see The Book of Mormon on Thursday evening.

Edited by Sifu

They will play a slightly weakened team , Origi will start , hold out to 35 mins or so , then they bring on the guns and win 3 or 4-0 

so fucking easy 

Edited by GWN

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Fraser and Lewis defending Alexander-Arnold and Robertson? 

Maybe Manquillo instead of Fraser but at LB, when your other option is Ritchie, I'd rather have Lewis.

9 hours ago, Raconteur said:

So much of the post Leicester chat turned to what needs to happen at Anfield

I mean what difference will it make?  :lol:

I suppose 6-0 could be kept down to 3-0

I just don’t see why we can’t play a 4-3-3 with Hayden, Shelvey and Wilock being drilled to understand  how to defend and attack as a three. Stick Joelinton on the right and keep ASM on the left and ask the guy to start to track back with some actual urgency. That could have got us through to January with some sort of structure before we can replace the centre of the pitch