Liverpool FC v Newcastle United - 16/12/21 8pm (BT Sports)

Raconteur

9 hours ago, toon25 said:

Best thing that could happen is a Covid outbreak

Maybe not "the best thing" but, I understand your point and it would definitely be a benefit to us to not have to play this match this week.

3 hours ago, pinkeye said:

Maybe not "the best thing" but, I understand your point and it would definitely be a benefit to us to not have to play this match this week.

I'd be the opposite, get it played, out of the way, what's the point of putting something off ? as we could only be playing them in a few months when -

1. They are better.

2. We are "not" so good.

Ah - the proof reading skills need an update.

Edited by South-Cheshire-Toon

13 hours ago, CaliMag said:

Park the bus, play 5 at the back, rest Wilson (play Gayle up front), and do damage control to our goal difference.

We could play 9 at the back and still lose comfortably.

Pretty sure Dalglish tried a 9 at the back formation when he was managing us and we went there

16 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I remember that one, our first win of the season after a shite start, went to the next game at home to Coventry and we were 0-3 down at half time and it pissed down all game as well. Happy days.

14 hours ago, midds said:

Be fucking ugly this cunt. Absolutely no doubt about it. Only hope is Klopp knows it'll be a cakewalk and rests about 7. That should mean we only leave with a 4-0 drubbing as opposed to dusting off the PL  record books

He rested eight players when they beat Milan away - Alisson, Mane and Salah were the only first team regulars to start. :undecided:

10 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Nailed on giving at least one pen away then.

I reckon Schar this week.

I reckon Rick Masters will be operating VAR in the tv room wearing a red scarf and a Liverpool shirt just to make sure. 

16 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

I'd be the opposite, get it played, out of the way, what's the point of putting something off ? as we could only be playing them in a few months when -

1. They are better.

2. We are "not" so good.

Ah - the proof reading skills need an update.

I agree. Get this out of the way. For me, some of the players are now playing for their future in the games we got left until January. We can bin them in these types of games and then go full swing later once we get their replacements in.

Edited by nufcjb