Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 19/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Please let this be cancelled.

Naa, let’s just get it out of the way so we can have a run of easier games.

On 17/12/2021 at 21:31, 54 said:

Scary thing about this game is Howe mentioned he may have to rotate due to the hight volume of games.

What's scary about it? We don't have the players to compete with Man City, all we can do is put up a fight. As others have said, it's a almost a free hit. 

I think there may be a good few missing from the crowd today. My mates aren’t going and I’m in 2 minds. If I go down with Omicron it’ll knack Christmas and with elderly parents it’s not worth it. I honestly believe it should be called off. 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think there may be a good few missing from the crowd today. My mates aren’t going and I’m in 2 minds. If I go down with Omicron it’ll knack Christmas and with elderly parents it’s not worth it. I honestly believe it should be called off. 

I don't really understand how football stadiums are are still allowing full crowd participation. It seems absolutely insane when you see how closely together they are packed, although I must admit I hate it when we lose our football programme. Yesterday with all those cancelled games just felt weird. 

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I'm not going mate , wor lasses immune system is shot to bits and it would be crackers to go while infections are so high. I'm vaccinated boosted early the lot but I've got to pick what's important at the minute. It's on the box so just gonna have to miss a few games . 

Get this done and dusted with.

Then look to pick up points in the next 3 games if it happens. If it doesn't, fair enough and we rest. The past 3 games are done with so we can move forward.

Honestly, we should be looking for the kill against Man Utd who are just returning from Covid. Everton too is winnable.

Edited by nufcjb

Look forward to every game these days. Where once this would be a fixture which cements my disillusionment with NUFC, I’m now actually looking forward to it in the knowledge that we’ll soon be able to compete with this lot.

A full house just before crimbo and you just never know. Regardless, probably be the last game for a couple of weeks and by that time the transfer window will be open.

Exciting times ahead HTFL

These games are ‘free hits’, but Christ it would feel good to just get a lucky point or three at some point from one of them.  We did ok against a completely off-Liverpool side; we’ve got to try to make it count if Man City are as lethargic as they were. 

Wouldn’t criticise Howe or the side today unless it’s a cricket score

Buzzing for it to be honest, feels like it'll be the last game for probably a couple of months that we can attend so going to make the most of it.

Got to make an individual choice as to whether you go like so I respect that  but for me I've managed my risk and won't be seeing anyone who isn't fully boosted at Christmas and don't give a fuck about myself so happy to take it, I'm at the stage now tbh where I'd rather catch it and get ill and take a chancs rather than just sit at home like a hermit for months on end and not do things I like doing, because that's hardly living. Appreciate not everyone feels like that.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Buzzing for it to be honest, feels like it'll be the last game for probably a couple of months that we can attend so going to make the most of it.

Got to make an individual choice as to whether you go like so I respect that  but for me I've managed my risk and won't be seeing anyone who isn't fully boosted at Christmas and don't give a fuck about myself so happy to take it, I'm at the stage now tbh where I'd rather catch it and get ill and take a chancs rather than just sit at home like a hermit for months on end and not do things I like doing, because that's hardly living. Appreciate not everyone feels like that.

Be great to see St Jame’s free of the tat today, whatever the score.