Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 19/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

These games are ‘free hits’, but Christ it would feel good to just get a lucky point or three at some point from one of them.  We did ok against a completely off-Liverpool side; we’ve got to try to make it count if Man City are as lethargic as they were. 

Wouldn’t criticise Howe or the side today unless it’s a cricket score

There's no point in criticising formations, Bruce tried parking the bus before he got sacked and he got what, 3 points from 7 games? 

We put up a decent fight against Liverpool once we realised it wasn't a foregone conclusion, Howe has to pick a team that believes in what he is trying to do. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I have wondered whether there’s been pressure behind the scenes from them/international rights holders to ensure these games go ahead.

Our game got moved for TV on Thursday, it wasn't originally on.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

My god, there's going to be thousands turning up without a coivd pass today.

They aren't checking every one, it's just spot checks.

Also you can't get a signal in the ground most of the time.

I’m not going, just not worth the risk, it’s irresponsible that’s it’s going ahead. Several thousands misplaced Mancs crowed around the bars and in with up to 50k others in the ground.

Mate says he read a report that said that as few as half a dozen people attending could lead to up to half the crowd being exposed. Sounds a bit of a stretch but nee chance I’m gambling with my Mother’s health or telling her she can’t see her Granddaughter over Christmas or have Christmas dinner with us.

There's absolutely no chance I'd be in and amongst a crowd like that at the moment, but it even being a decision for fans to have to make is disgraceful like. The matches that have been called off didn't even factor the crowds into the decision. Profit over people as always.