Newcastle United 0 - 4 Manchester City (19/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, andyman said:

Not seen Manchester City this dull in forever. We've been alright this half. How is this 0-2? What a shitshow from the ref and our defenders.

If we get the pen that would be 2-1 and a fair reflection of the game. There's nothing we can do about the car crash defending, but we deserved a goal. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Weirdly not the worst half in the world given then circumstances. Shame we always go to shit in the second half.

Agree. One stupid mistake for the first goal, bad defending but a great 2nd goal, should have had a penalty. Wilson could/should have scored one.

We've not been bad to be honest, Man City havent really had that many chances, once again its a shitty individual error, and an another thunderbastard thats gone against us. We've also created a decent amount of chances, should have had a penalty, and been causing them a few problems. I like this system Howe has us playing, too bad the players are just utter gash.

Still baffled by that Willock tackle attempt.

This man is a professional player playing midfield in the premier league and cannot tackle.

Has at least been more present and involved in this midfield three at least. Think in this setup he will do much better against lesser teams.

Pep's Team Talk "Do not worry my wholesome team of fabulous footballing fit lads. I have been informed bu the mercurial mincing manipulator that is Masters that this one is in the old onion bag. We do not even need to try against this newly funded oil-state of northern nincompoops Newcastle United."

Guest reefatoon

[emoji38] I just can’t get over that decision. Would love to hear the absolute shit excuse they try to peddle. Total disgrace 

Edited by reefatoon

Well, it's good to see us playing with some aggression. We actually look like scoring.

The first goal was comical. The second highlighted the need for a proper DM.

I used to dread seeing Joelinton on the ball. Now he looks our best hope of creating something.

Yeah I'm so pissed off but accepting that we aren't getting the decisions.

It's going to be a monumental escape job if we stay up without any help of var and basically doing preseason mid-season.

Not the worst half of football though.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, STM said:

We're we the better team? [emoji38] fucking crazy man.

Howler. Tick.

Worldie. Tick.

Ref fucked us. Tick.

[emoji38] every game.

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

So true. You can’t get a more blatant penalty there. There is no other reason for not giving that unless you are completely bent. Something not right once it goes to VAR with us.

The only decision to make there is whether or not to send the keeper off (not obviously). I just can't fathom how they could look at that and not give a penalty.

Just now, 54 said:

We've not been bad to be honest, Man City havent really had that many chances, once again its a shitty individual error, and an another thunderbastard thats gone against us. We've also created a decent amount of chances, should have had a penalty, and been causing them a few problems. I like this system Howe has us playing, too bad the players are just utter gash.

Yeah, absolutely. Very encouraged that we have continued to try to play against these top teams we have played recently. It has lead to some mistakes that have cost us, but the teams we need to beat will not be anywhere near as good forcing errors or capitalising on them, and so we will have our time once those games come around. We are going to benefit big time from the challenges we have faced in these recent games.