Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 27/12/21 @ 8pm (Sky)

3 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

This is going to be behind closed doors this I think , can’t see fans being allowed in especially as Boris is usually only a few days behind copying Sturgeon when it comes to restrictions .

nope will be ok , after new year , no fans I think .

On 21/12/2021 at 17:23, Geogaddi said:

This is going to be behind closed doors this I think , can’t see fans being allowed in especially as Boris is usually only a few days behind copying Sturgeon when it comes to restrictions .

Sturgeon just used to get briefed on UK policy and then bring whatever it was in first to make herself look ahead of the curve. But restrictions in England and Scotland haven't had much correlation with each other for a while now.  For instance Scotland have effectively never ended significant restrictions, not even back in July, they've had masks all the way through this year.

Match will be 2-2.

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Really thought we would come through these fixtures with at least one draw. Had other results not been predominantly favorable it would have been worst case scenario. Points wise it certainly has been!

I fully expected zero points from these fixtures.  A draw would have been a huge bonus.

My most optimistic points haul from the Norwich game (to now) was 10 points before January 1st.

We’re well behind that but could still potentially pick up points against these and Everton.

We've had lots of space to play against Man Utd in last few seasons, has 2/3 weeks been enough for the new manager to teach them how to effectively press?

Everton will set up not to lose against us and then try and nick it 

Edited by Dr Jinx

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

My most optimistic points haul from the Norwich game (to now) was 10 points before January 1st.

We’re well behind that but could still potentially pick up points against these and Everton.

We've had lots of space to play against Man Utd in last few seasons, has 2/3 weeks been enough for the new manager to teach them how to effectively press?

Everton will set up not to lose against us and then try and nick it 

Be shocked if the Everton game was on.

That's what I'd assume. Rangnick has had very little time with his squad and Rafa's issues aren't going to clear within 2 days. Obviously the trade off is if they're later we get signings for them but we don't even know if our window will be good yet. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Its amazing that we're one of the few clubs to avoid it.

Quite a decent number have already had it and think we are doing OK on the vax front.

Rather ironically this may end up shafting us this season.