Crypto/NFT/Fan Tokens in Football

GeordieDazzler

Probably says too much about myself: my age, my lack of tech savvy, my general disinterest in the modern world, that my immediate thought (hope) is that this really belongs in Not Worthy of a Thread.  Feeling sick.

Edited by gazza ladra

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Second Captains had a discussion last week about it all and to quote the guy they had on "the more I learn about it, the more I think the world has gone completely mad"

The stuff he was saying about the City partnership was nuts :lol: 

Edited by CFlan

34 minutes ago, Ben said:

Dodgy Saudis bringing their real money into football 

City have signed up with Socios so we may not avoid it unfortunately.

Interesting in that Tifo video about them that West Ham fans successfully lobbied the club against a partnership. 

Also I hope people are ready for when gambling companies are banned that every other shirt being Crypto sponsored :anguish:

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Guest neesy111
52 minutes ago, LV said:

Easier to control who has access to money or not then innit 

The opposite with crypto.  It reduces control of central banks.

World leaders are probably some of the last people that want this shite replacing cash. Unfortunately there's just enough people that have now gotten rich off this sort of thing that they can form a vocal minority pushing everyone to get in on these modern day MLMS.

I love that the Burnley one is trying to make it sound like you'll hold a vested interest in the club or something through their 'security token'. Not gonna just let people access actual shares in the club though, are you? Nah, thought not. :lol:

12 hours ago, CFlan said:

The stuff he was saying about the City partnership was nuts :lol: 

I don't know if people would even be aware of this, I wasn't until I heard that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/19/manchester-city-suspend-partnership-with-cryptocurrency-start-up-3key

Man City announced a partnership with a cryptocurrency firm that doesn't exist. Just a big wind up.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

No they don't.

May be your right with crypto, however (without getting to deep) it would be much easier to control a population if you had control of their money, Nationwide was down the other day and I was helpless, I took a few grand out of the bank in August and they asked what it was for, without going down the conspiracy rabbit hole, a cashless society is easy to control.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Easy money laundering basically. The people selling it must be laughing to the bank, the buyers are some of the stupidest people on earth imo 

This shows misunderstanding of this space. NFTs can have a lot of utility, eg a ticket to football game could be an nft

Guest neesy111
22 minutes ago, Ben said:

May be your right with crypto, however (without getting to deep) it would be much easier to control a population if you had control of their money, Nationwide was down the other day and I was helpless, I took a few grand out of the bank in August and they asked what it was for, without going down the conspiracy rabbit hole, a cashless society is easy to control.

Central governments have always had control of money since the 18th century.  

The nationwide issue is for me an issue with the bank Industry, not enough is done for checks on banks IT systems and infrastructure and what backups they have.  See what happened with TSB a few years back.

However and cashless society reduces risk of counterfeit money and money laundering however needs to be fallbacks for older generation and those without access to the internet.

That question they asked is around money laundering legislation.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You were helpless without your bank? That would still apply with cash, unless you keep cash under your bed? They usually ask you that because large transactions can be criminal in nature. It’s not really about controlling you 

I was unable to use an ATM or to make payments in and out of my bank, nothing I could do, I still don't see how a bank can ask what I'm using my own money for.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Central governments have always had control of money since the 18th century.  

The nationwide issue is for me an issue with the bank Industry, not enough is done for checks on banks IT systems and infrastructure and what backups they have.  See what happened with TSB a few years back.

However and cashless society reduces risk of counterfeit money and money laundering however needs to be fallbacks for older generation and those without access to the internet.

That question they asked is around money laundering legislation.

Depends what you mean by control. Look at fractional reserve banking where most what we call money is credit and that's issued by banks etc.

Listen, I'm not here to educate the masses. I've been in this space for years and I believe  the web3 movement will be as big or bigger than web2. It's a pretty fundamental shift. And because it's still early and lacks regulation it will cause the dodge coin or crazy digital art auctions. Don't let that distract you from how much investment is going on.

The game I mentioned above led the largest investment round in Europe. 

Just yesterday Visa announced a 1B$ acquisition of a ripple partner.

Point fingers and laugh all you want. This ship is sailing