Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

Just now, black_n_white said:

Anyone think putting joe up top would be a mistake?

Massively.

Not only is he ineffective there, but he's been immense where he is playing and removing that dynamism from the middle of the park would be a huge loss.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

He's been a bit anonymous. Not happy with the injury but it might work i our favour. Murphy will press more tan ASM and ASM will be more effective on the counter.

Yeah, prefer ASM being higher up the pitch this half. Has been dribbling too much deeper in our half when he's been out wide, and not releasing the ball quickly enough.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Yes. He’s a ball winning midfielder now and he always was.

I’d play Murphy up top, we need ASM to carry the ball forward, or maybe they could keep switching, give them something to think about 

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Guess Howe just really doesn't fancy Almiron 

he’s done the square route of fuck all tbh ? I love him but we need a wee bit of end product now like . He will stick at it .

Edited by GWN

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Guess Howe just really doesn't fancy Almiron 

I think there's an excellent player in there who can be coached into being really effective, but his complete lack of end product at the moment is very limiting to us.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Yeah, especially as the lone striker. He just doesn't play as well with his back to goal, it seems completely foreign to him.

Would also drop the effectiveness of our midfield several levels as he is doing a silly amount of work in there in so many different ways.