Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

Joelinton under Howe has been class. Definitely CM/CDM is his best position, his aggression was unreal tonight. Should have been on the winning side.

Good result, but we were miles better than Man Utd.

Hope ASM and Wilson are not too bad and can recover quick.

Bring on the transfer window.

Hell of a game for us. Immense performance but pure torture and anguish. We gave everything but lost at least two huge pieces at a pivotal time which is potential hell in itself.

It's a point I hoped we would at least get from this devils run of fixtures. Absolutely gutted we didn't take 3. We deserved it and it's a huge marker for us. 19 points dropped from leading positions might be too much for us to survive. Can't deny Howe is turning us around in terms of heart and positivity. 

Transfer window could be everything for us. Even more so after injuries tonight. Those games in hand make things look so much bleaker.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Way we ended that game was superb considering those who were on the pitch.

Not just that, but also considering many managers would have made their team sat back to protect the point. Gotta credit Howe for this performance. Fitness and application levels much improved.

Excellent performance but 2 points dropped.  We had far more chances, could have won by 3.  Even their equaliser was a scuffed shot that accidentally found its way in.  At least the ref didn't completely cheat us this week. 

Fantastic performance. I wouldn't say we were unlucky, but you would definitely say we had the much bigger chances and the better performances. So disappointed that we didn't get the win but I can't fault the players or Howe at all.

Edited by kisearch
Typo

That’s a bit of a disaster in the end. Two best players injured and they were awful and there for the taking.

Running out of games to say “we’ll be alright if we keep playing like that.” We need wins and a lot of them!

Expected to lose by a couple, mind. So probably being a bit negative. But after seeing how crap they were and how uncomfortable they looked with that formation. We should have won that. 

I don't care how bitter this sounds either. I could take Wilson being offside, but funny how the soft pen wasn't given for us tonight with another tackle on Fraser. A handball that didn't even get a second look. We got no rub of the green again. Fucking pisses me right off. 

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Man Utd closer and closer to a novelty act.  Not long before we get the precious official tractor of Malaysia sponsorship deals.

Interested in what you mean about this, can you explain further?