Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Did not like Howe's description of Wilson's injury at all. Feeling a kick in the back of your leg when no one has touched you is the usual description of how it feels to tear your achilles.

Yeah, heard that a ton of times and it is typically the case. The way Wilson was also checking his calf after was what you also then typically see too. Reminded me of when Durant went down with the Warriors.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's from where the shot is taken. Not very hard to understand but seems some people have trouble with it. 

A player with the ball on the penalty spot taking a shot is higher xG than someone taking a shot from out wide in the box. 

Very, very basic to understand. 

you’re such a condescending twat at times man :lol:

Thankfully as Newcastle fans we’ve understood for years that Man United fans are self entitled wankers, so it’s all good :bluestar:

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's from where the shot is taken. Not very hard to understand but seems some people have trouble with it. 

A player with the ball on the penalty spot taking a shot is higher xG than someone taking a shot from out wide in the box. 

Very, very basic to understand. 

Aye, and it's why it's a load of absolute bollocks. Anyone watching the game tonight would have seen we were by far the better team and had the better chances. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, heard that a ton of times and it is typically the case. The way Wilson was also checking his calf after was what you also then typically see too. Reminded me of when Durant went down with the Warriors.

I think we will definitely need another forward this window. I'd expect him to be out for a while, describing it as feeling kicked and then the pain in the back of his calf with an inability to challenge for the ball might indicate it was his achilles tendon. He did manage to walk, but it doesn't sounds very promising at all.

Rolling back the years

Dubravka - 5.5

Krafth - 6

Schar - 7

Lascelles - 7

Manquillo - 7

Shelvey - 7

Longstaff - 7

Joelinton - 9.5

Saint-Maximin - 8

Wilson - 7

Fraser - 8

Murphy - 7.5

Almiron - 7

Edited by kisearch

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Rolling back the years

Dubravka - 5.5

Krafth - 6

Schar - 7

Lascelles - 7

Manquillo - 7

Shelvey - 7

Longstaff - 7

Joelinton - 9.5

Saint-Maximin - 8

Wilson - 7

Fraser - 8

Slightly harsh on Krafth I think and considering Lascelles wandered away from Cavani on the goal for no good reason I'd be dropping his mark to a 5. Otherwise think that's a good stab at some scores.

Lovely interview that. We have some really likeable guys the team. 5-6 quality signings of the right kind ad It's exciting times again.

As someone said earlier, it's games and atmospheres like that, that give you goosebumps and make you realise what a big fucking club we are and can be.

Great performance all round. In Howe we trust! Love the guy.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Slightly harsh on Krafth I think and considering Lascelles wandered away from Cavani on the goal for no good reason I'd be dropping his mark to a 5. Otherwise think that's a good stab at some scores.

Would need to see it again tbh. My general rule with Lascelles is if I didn't notice him he's had a decent game.

Got to watch the game with my brother for the first time in three years, was weird to celebrate the goal with someone other than the dog.

Deserved a win but would've taken a point before kick off. Big Joe is a revelation under Howe.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Dubs - 5

Cheese - 7 (arguably his best game for us?)

Lascelles - 6

Schär - 7.5

Manquillo - 7.5

Shelvey - 7

Longstaff - 7

Joelinton - 9.5

Fraser - 7.5

ASM - 8

Wilson - 7

Fuck me, that's harsh :lol: