Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

Brilliant atmosphere tonight mind. Different class to anything this season.

They were absolutely shite but take nothing away from the way we played loads more intensity. There's no way this team stays up as it is but with some plugs for the holes I have hope.

Also Ronaldo is fucking shite. Should be playing walking football at this point.

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Was talking to a friend of mine about this the other day.

Ronaldo is a phenomenal player, but you really could not have found a worse person to bring into that relatively young Man Utd team.

His stature and aura is too big, and all the players in there will look up to him, and instead of using that to encourage them and try and give them more confidence out on the pitch, he actually does the opposite by bitching and moaning at them all the time :lol:

He could do that in a more senior team like the one he was in at Juventus, because the likes of Chiellini, Bonucci etc will give it back in good measure and hold him accountable too.

In this situation though, it is a complete disaster.

Even at his best, I've always thought he was a teeny weeny bit over-rated. Now that he's not quite as athletic as before, and there's this expectation been put on him that he's the returning saviour, it's all going a bit sour. 

I properly, thoroughly enjoyed that game, even with the disappointment of not getting the deserved win; first time I can say that in 10+ years.

I could probably pick out some similar or better performances from Rafa's time however as much as I loved Rafa, there was always the ceiling imposed by Ashley that prevented my enjoyment from ever really being truly unrestrained. This enjoyment extends beyond full time and gives me hope.

51 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Man Utd were as bad as the stadium announcer tonight

Gutted we didn't win that

:lol: Glad that’s been mentioned. Has he ever watched a game of football in his life?

Man United subs “P. Jones” but then “Luke Shaw”. Was he just reading off some scribbled hand-written notes he’d been given? Also cocked up the stoppage time announcement in the second half and I’m fairly certain he didn’t even announce the Cavani substitution.

Aside from that, best atmosphere for yonks tonight. Properly got into Ronaldo’s head. Joelinton might actually be god, too

Just now, Lenny said:

I properly, thoroughly enjoyed that game, even with the disappointment of not getting the deserved win; first time I can say that in 10+ years.

I could probably pick out some similar or better performances from Rafa's time however as much as I loved Rafa, there was always the ceiling imposed by Ashley that prevented my enjoyment from ever really being truly unrestrained. This enjoyment extends beyond full time and gives me hope.

This, in its entirety.

Hope is what was missing.

Just watched the Ronaldo/Fraser incident.  Red card all day, possibly would have been if any player apart from Shelvey even protested an iota.

Imagine if that was reversed.  There would be 10 cunts around Pawson.

12 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Glad that’s been mentioned. Has he ever watched a game of football in his life?

Man United subs “P. Jones” but then “Luke Shaw”. Was he just reading off some scribbled hand-written notes he’d been given? Also cocked up the stoppage time announcement in the second half and I’m fairly certain he didn’t even announce the Cavani substitution.

Aside from that, best atmosphere for yonks tonight. Properly got into Ronaldo’s head. Joelinton might actually be god, too

[emoji38] Pre-game we got Nightboat to Cairo twice and Rockin all over the World 1.5 times. Kept missing announcing our team in time with the graphics on the screen so they had to restart. Guessing Rob was unavailable at short notice or something.

16 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

[emoji38] Pre-game we got Nightboat to Cairo twice and Rockin all over the World 1.5 times. Kept missing announcing our team in time with the graphics on the screen so they had to restart. Guessing Rob was unavailable at short notice or something.

Just as well we put the first names of our players up on the screen because like fuck would he have known them.

Jamaal Lassels.

M. Almiron

Javier Mankwillo

Missed out Schar completely iirc.

Edited by Sima

4 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

:lol: Do we also still use CDs or summat? Something played at half time that made the screeching sound of a scratched disc

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Just as well we put the first names of our players up on the screen because like fuck would he have known them.

Jamaal Lassels.

M. Almiron

Javier Mankwillo

Missed our Schar completely iirc.

Think I got to my seat at about quarter to. Whenever the last announcement of the team was he definitely missed Dubravka off completely.

9 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Think I got to my seat at about quarter to. Whenever the last announcement of the team was he definitely missed Dubravka off completely.

Aye he missed Dubravka off.

Just now, Ashley17 said:

Yeah he did as the graphic on the screen had already moved on from him. The half time screeching summed it all up. 

I’m guessing his PC running Winamp on Windows XP locked up.