Everton P-P Newcastle United (30/12/2021)

Easier to list those available than those missing, but here goes:

Lewis

Ritchie

Schar

Clark

Fernandez

Manquillo

Willock

Fraser

ASM

Wilson

Just the SIX defenders out, it's all good. But that might be better than our only striker being out for the season

Genuine question - anyone know if Anderson and White count as ‘available players’? They are in the first team group but have read some stuff previously (I think in relation to Everton?) that suggested you might need to have at least one senior start to be counted as one of the thirteen outfield players. 

1 minute ago, stozo said:

Genuine question - anyone know if Anderson and White count as ‘available players’? They are in the first team group but have read some stuff previously (I think in relation to Everton?) that suggested you might need to have at least one senior start to be counted as one of the thirteen outfield players. 

I thought it went off the official squad list - of which we have 4 keepers and 21 outfield players. If the 10 I listed above are unavailable, we have 11 available outfield players…?

5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Everton fans kicking off accusing us of playing games trying to get it off. 

Stunning lack of self awareness, didn't they literally just fake injuries so they could be fresh for this game? 

Aye just had a browse of TheGrandOldTeam forum and they are now desperate for the match to be played as Wilson and Max are out. Bloody hypocrites :lol:

Oh and a few posts saying that Sunderland have always had better support then us down there. They really are the Scouse Mackems like :lol:

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I thought it went off the official squad list - of which we have 4 keepers and 21 outfield players. If the 10 I listed above are unavailable, we have 11 available outfield players…?

I don’t think that’s right. As there are various players (e.g. Saka at Arsenal, Greenwood at Man U) who aren’t in the 25 man squads (due to being homegrown U23) but would very much be counted as official outfield players. 

Not that I’m advocating this but according for Edwards we’re only one player away from the game being called off… surely they can engineer another injury in training. We’ve been shafted by the fixture list and other clubs around us essentially having a winter break. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Not that I’m advocating this but according for Edwards we’re only one player away from the game being called off… surely they can engineer another injury in training. We’ve been shafted by the fixture list and other clubs around us essentially having a winter break. 

I am advocating this 100% :lol: 

17 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Hopefully it's enough to have the Soton game called off too. That'd be sweet as a nut.