Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Was meant to be going to this. Bloody booked a non-refundable room with Premier Inn :lol: Typical.

Can you not turn it into a naughty night with a partner ?

Saint here in peace. 

How can you not send a squad down to ours this weekend? Honest question, not trolling. There's no shortage of people on our forum accusing your owners of backhanding the PL just because some of your best players are injured, but I'd prefer to ask at source. I watched your game yesterday & ASM was a different class. Obviously I want to play you guys when he's not taking the piss out of our CBs! 

Would you really prefer postponing this match just to make your longest trip of the season during a fixture congestion period? 

I hope you all had a great Xmas, will have an even greater NY & that you & your families are covid-free and healthy. 

6 minutes ago, Cragie said:

Saint here in peace. 

Sure you don't support a different team wearing red, white and black? :razz:

Pretty sure watching footage of Wilson's calf pinging contradicts any suggestion that his injury was faked.

BTW Sell uz JWP plz :lol:

Edited by Raconteur

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

Sure you don't support a different team wearing read, white and black? :razz:

Pretty sure watching footage of Wilson's calf pinging contradicts any suggestion that his injury was faked.

BTW Sell uz JWP plz :lol:

Sunderland, meh? Done em 8-0 once. It was all the fun. You'd have probably liked it. 

I never said Wilson's, or any injury was fake. 

But your U23's must be shite if you can't call upon them to fulfil a fixture?

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Was meant to be going to this. Bloody booked a non-refundable room with Premier Inn :lol: Typical.

Thought I’d be a flash twat and sort myself out some flights for this.

Buzzing for the inevitable fuck on of trying to see whether I can get refunded.

Our U23s are worse than shite. We had two U23s on the bench yesterday - a bench that was short and had two keepers. Then we lost as many as four to injury on the night. We simply can't put a team together - look at the thread about the Everton game to see how we were scratching to make a team before it got called off.

And I apologise - I misread your comment about backhanders and injuries. I suppose because I didn't consider the prospect of the club and the PL cooperating on anything. I'm astonished they let us call Everton off!

17 minutes ago, Cragie said:

Saint here in peace. 

How can you not send a squad down to ours this weekend? Honest question, not trolling. There's no shortage of people on our forum accusing your owners of backhanding the PL just because some of your best players are injured, but I'd prefer to ask at source. I watched your game yesterday & ASM was a different class. Obviously I want to play you guys when he's not taking the piss out of our CBs! 

Would you really prefer postponing this match just to make your longest trip of the season during a fixture congestion period? 

I hope you all had a great Xmas, will have an even greater NY & that you & your families are covid-free and healthy. 

Willock, Clark (thank god), Darlow and Ritchie were all out with what appears to be COVID. Add to that Lewis, Fernandez, Dummett were all already injured and during the game ASM, Wilson, Fraser and Schar all appeared injured, the former 3 having to go off. That's 11 of the 25 man squad out, close to the limit of 13 + 1 keeper which COVID has contributed too with 4* players out with it. Rules have probably been bent to get the Everton game and probably the game v you called off but a precedent has been set it seems. I disagree with it btw, I think teams should be playing u23s and younger lads when the senior ones have COVID. But as was said, a precedent has been set by the PL and we're almost certainly not the only club to use the loophole(s).

*this hasn't been confirmed btw, we don't know why Willock et al weren't in the squad last night but we can assume it was COVID, and we don't know how many players have it. All smoke and mirrors.

24 minutes ago, Cragie said:

Saint here in peace. 

My view is that it's wrong for any team to be pleading for postponements but if others are, why shouldn't we/anyone else? 

The backhander suggestion is a laugh. Our relationship with the league is absolutely terrible so there certainly won't be anything like that. 

Welcome btw. Feel free to stick around if you're not a bellend. :thup:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My view is that it's wrong for any team to be pleading for postponements but if others are, why shouldn't we/anyone else? 

The backhander suggestion is a laugh. Our relationship with the league is absolutely terrible so there certainly won't be anything like that. 

Welcome btw. Feel free to stick around if you're not a bellend. :thup:

Yeah that I ain't. No worries there, and thanks. 

I'm just not the type to read post on SaintsWeb and take them as gospel without asking for the opposing view first. Pop over there and they seem to think you lot are in league with the devil! 

i'm just a geezer that likes a beer & wants to watch football.

36 minutes ago, Cragie said:

Saint here in peace. 

How much would it cost to make these questions go away? ;)

Edited by Joey Linton

Just now, Cragie said:

Yeah that I ain't. No worries there, and thanks. 

I'm just not the type to read post on SaintsWeb and take them as gospel without asking for the opposing view first. Pop over there and they seem to think you lot are in league with the devil! 

i'm just a geezer that likes a beer & wants to watch football.

Think that's pretty universal now; it's basically true but that's the game these days. You'll probably find that most around here would rather not have the owners we have, but when it came to this or Ashley, it's a very easy preference. 

Assume you've little to no worries about yous going down?