Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, Collage said:

Suspect I’ve been wooshed here :lol:

Nope, that was at myself.

Roy chubby brown did a joke about Blackpool that I can remember that wa similar (only reason I know as it was his only joke that could be advertised for.his dvd).  Smoggie cunt.

Edited by neesy111

The not being allowed to play new signings I’d a load of bollocks. 

What if the shoe was on the other foot and we’d sold a star player or two in Jan? We couldn’t exactly ask for them back to play in the rearranged fixture. Are we also supposed to pick from a depleted squad if new signings aren’t allowed? Would hardly seem fair. 

21 hours ago, Letissusedtobemyhero said:

Hello Geordies, obvs a Saints fan here. Tbh, if we'd had done the same thing we'd obvs be quite chuffed with ourselves.  We're all football fans and by our nature we're all a little bit fickle. I dont blame your club, youre doing everything that you can to survive. I blame the shitshow that is the premier league. I think theyre to blame for this whole mess. Sure a lot of our fans are fuming, some are more pragmatic and realise if the shoe were on the other foot.......pretty sure your lot would have the same reaction.  It is what it is really. What I think might be fair is any new signings not being allowed to play the rearranged games......but you lot aren't interested in that 😂😂

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all, Remember, its only football,  theres more important things in life. Look forward to scrapping with you ( in the footballing sense) for the rest of the season. 

Even my girlfriend who isnt interessted in football was quick to see a problem with players not beeing allowed to play rearrenged games. What about players sold? Should they be loaned back for one game?  should the teams that have sold their players have fewer choices just because of this corona shit?

Like you said earlier the big problem is the Premier League board who is fucking us all over(by us I mean every team outside the "top 6").. Refere calls, VAR, other rules for the "top 6", no penalties for trying to start their own league, we are not allowed to have sponsors who are connected with the owners etc...

On 01/01/2022 at 08:27, geordiekris said:

What if the shoe was on the other foot and we’d sold a star player or two in Jan? We couldn’t exactly ask for them back to play in the rearranged fixture. Are we also supposed to pick from a depleted squad if new signings aren’t allowed? Would hardly seem fair. 

You could hav stopped after the first paragraph. Your second brings the first into question.

Its like any game that's ever been called off for any reason if the starting XI's aren't exactly the same when the rearranged fixture takes place.

When we finished 2nd to Man United in 96 re-arranged fixtures meant they played Sunday-Sunday and we had to play Monday-Thursday-Sunday

When we finished 2nd to them in 97 they played Saturday 12noon-Thursday-Sunday we played Saturday 3pm-Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday

concievably cost us the title twice, yet during a pandemic and massive positive cases THIS is the scandal not the one of those things

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 01/01/2022 at 08:27, geordiekris said:

It's not even being seriously considered man, just fans shouting off on twitter etc. There was some knacker on the radio today wanting 3 match bans for diving as they are cheating, as if a deliberate foul isn't cheating.

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

There's talk he wants to set up a Red Bull type system with Southampton as the focal point. 

He doesn’t have the money. He has less money than Ashley and has less than half the money of the guy he bought the club off.

On 04/01/2022 at 17:21, Stifler said:

He doesn’t have the money. He has less money than Ashley and has less than half the money of the guy he bought the club off.

I was going to make the same comment, this is absolutely correct - approx 1Billion less than Ashley is reported to have