Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

Stupid sour cunt.  I might've had limited sympathy had it been the first time we'd played them this season, but it's only by the luck of the fixture list that they were due to get two goes at us before the transfer window.  Would he be crying if the fixture had been scheduled for March and we'd went out and improved our squad? Would he fuck.

He's playing 4D chess you see - he doesn't give a shit about who goes, you just can't field who comes in.

So if we sell off every single one of the 2021 first team and replace all of them, what then?

Guest HTT II

This reads to me that Southampton won’t be making any signings, we should just buy their entire team so they would have to field kids, or try and get the game P-P

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think Ralph will be getting sacked before the end of the season, he seems pretty clueless. 

I mean he's a pretty decent manager, he just seems to spout utter nonsense apparently :lol: 

13 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

If this was even officially proposed as a rule change it would need to be agreed to and implemented by all of the other teams in the league.

The likelihood of this happening is very low....

Very low indeed because it wouldn't make sense. Too many goofy situations could arise and as others have said what about sold players? 

Let's face it, he's only pissing his pants because it's us and the exceptional circumstances which come with it.  Had it been Burnley, Norwich, Palace or Watford he wouldn't have said a peep because if you strip our takeover out of the equation then it's a pretty fucking stupid thing to suggest.  Games get postponed all of the time, especially at this time of year.  Never really had any beef with Southampton but they're going on like a pack of spoilt bairns.

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

I mean he's a pretty decent manager, he just seems to spout utter nonsense apparently :lol: 

Tbf I thought he was a decent manager, but he seems unhinged so am reassessing my opinion, so now I'm thinking he won't see this season out. :(

27 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

If this was even officially proposed as a rule change it would need to be agreed to and implemented by all of the other teams in the league.

The likelihood of this happening is very low....

So they will rephrase the question

"After Newcastle shockingly had games posponed for the same reason as most of the other teams in the league should they be banned from playing any new signing in the rearranged fixtures?"

"Motion passed."

Guest HTT II
Just now, TRon said:

Tbf I thought he was a decent manager, but he seems unhinged so am reassessing my opinion, so now I'm thinking he won't see this season out. :(

He’s decent enough, but zero plan B and it’s all rather predictable in the end.

Edited by HTT II

22 hours ago, Dokko said:

I agree with him and it should be changed however you can't change the rules mid season but next year is fine. 

I think there are already enough restrictions on signing players, but you've hit the nail on the head with your second point. You can't change the rules of a competition half way through.

6 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think there are already enough restrictions on signing players, but you've hit the nail on the head with your second point. You can't change the rules of a competition half way through.

Unless you change the rules on commercial deals... that's ok and totally different