Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Yorkie said:

Think that's pretty universal now; it's basically true but that's the game these days. You'll probably find that most around here would rather not have the owners we have, but when it came to this or Ashley, it's a very easy preference. 

Assume you've little to no worries about yous going down? 

We'll go down if we have an injury run like we did this time last season. Every team in the bottom half isn't immune to that. Also, Hassenhutl is about as useful as the pope's bollocks. But that said, as it stands I'd be stupid not to take a glass-half-full attitude so I will! Hence I'd like to play you this weekend! [emoji38]

IMHO it's Norwich, Watford & someone else. The old cheque book will see you guys good though. 

We're probably talking shit about the covid cases but then other sides in the league have done the same so fuck it. The FA have done an appalling job.

Not going to lie though it massively benefits us going into January playing 2 games less and I can definitely understand why Everton and Southampton would be canny miffed about it. 

EDIT: Well Southampton anyway. Everton have been on holiday for about 2 weeks.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

11 minutes ago, Cragie said:

Yeah that I ain't. No worries there, and thanks. 

I'm just not the type to read post on SaintsWeb and take them as gospel without asking for the opposing view first. Pop over there and they seem to think you lot are in league with the devil! 

i'm just a geezer that likes a beer & wants to watch football.

Best way I could put it is that both things are true and that it's a very weird thing to try and wrap your head around.

Edited by kisearch

4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Best way I could put it is that both things are true and that it's a very weird thing to try and wrap your head around.

Yeah looking in from the outside it seems like column A is "out of the frying pan and into the fire" but column B is "thank fuck Gashley has gone"; so you've got a bit from each. 
Gotta say though, loving the vocal support coming out of the Gallowgate recently. Fair fucking play.  

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

What's the problem with Hasenhuttl, @Cragie

I still haven't forgiven him for the FA Cup semi final last season against Leicester. Not one shot on target against an off-form team there for the taking, that went on to win the final.

e's also too one-dimensional. When his plan-A works he's all smiles. When it fails, he has no plan-B whatsoever, and don't get me started on his substitutions. 

2 minutes ago, Cragie said:

I still haven't forgiven him for the FA Cup semi final last season against Leicester. Not one shot on target against an off-form team there for the taking, that went on to win the final.

e's also too one-dimensional. When his plan-A works he's all smiles. When it fails, he has no plan-B whatsoever, and don't get me started on his substitutions.

How bad? We had 4 years of Alan Pardew inexplicably only ever swapping one left back for another regardless of the situation.

If only he could keep it in his trousers & away from players partners [cough, allegedly], Pardew would never have left us and you'd have been spared of that one. Now the Bruce card has been played though I'll hold my hands up and shut up about Hass. 

We've spent the best part of the last year pining for Eddie Howe, but no, he's gone to Tyneside. 

That intro… :lol:

Despite watching nearly every game of said season, likely posting on here about it, I have absolutely zero recollection of Southampton being in the semis of the cup last season. Mad how the whole thing slips from the memory. 

Weirdly got a decent recent record at St Mary’s aside from the notable Blayney/Saylor debacles but I’d still take a P/P. Hopefully if it is off it’ll be done sooner rather than a 6 hour train ride later.

Ugh. Why did I not stump up a bit extra for a refundable train ticket in this day and age. :lol:

Any more frequent attendees than I got any idea if I can get a refund on the match ticket at least if I can't make the resdchuled match? Or will I just have to try and sell it on? 

5 hours ago, wormy said:

Ugh. Why did I not stump up a bit extra for a refundable train ticket in this day and age. :lol:

Any more frequent attendees than I got any idea if I can get a refund on the match ticket at least if I can't make the resdchuled match? Or will I just have to try and sell it on? 

Club will be offering refunds in due course. Or you can keep hold of it and it’ll be valid for the rearrangement, albeit that’ll likely be midweek now.

He is right injuries are not covid cases but the problem is the PL have not stipulated that, as long as there are covid cases they take players missing as a whole

It's ridiculous the outcry this has caused, no doubt we have used a loophole and did this to our benefit, though only after a number of clubs have already used said loophole

I agree that the PL should have forced all clubs to play, even if that meant youth players but they didn't and it would be naive and stupid of us to not take advantage

We had 8 players on the bench of which two were goalies - a total of 16 outfield players (10 on the pitch + 6 on the bench)

We regain Hayden from suspension but lose Manquillo to it.

Injuries to ASM, Wilson, Fraser would take us to 13. Schar also looked canny fucked or alternatively any other COVID case would take us past the 13 threshold.

Also worth pointing out that these figures include Elliot Anderson (2 appearances totalling about 25 mins) and Joe White (yet to make his debut).

Hassenhuutl can fuck off, sounds pretty legit to me.