Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Surely we're going to be struggling to put 13 together here.

Outfield players that I can think of are:

Krafth 

Lascelles

Schar 

Hendrick 

Shelvey 

S. Longstaff

M. Longstaff 

Murphy 

Joelinton 

Almiron

Gayle 

11 players with Fraser and ASM touch and go. I think the club recalling Matty may mean this one goes ahead.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Outfield players that I can think of are:

Krafth 

Lascelles

Schar 

Hendrick 

Shelvey 

S. Longstaff

M. Longstaff 

Murphy 

Joelinton 

Almiron

Gayle 

11 players with Fraser and ASM touch and go. I think the club recalling Matty may mean this one goes ahead.

Only if Matty is registered, if he wasn’t registered as part of the squad at the start of the season I don’t think the club can register him now 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Only if Matty is registered, if he wasn’t registered as part of the squad at the start of the season I don’t think the club can register him now 

He's only 21 so doesn't need to be registered and because he has PL experience he'll count towards the 13 outfield players.

53 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hope to fuck this is cancelled too. Certainly a ‘winnable’ game with a fullish  squad. 

We lose (imo) if this goes ahead as scheduled.

Agree, but I don't think it will be cancelled, probably for that very reason. 

Murphy, Lascelles, Schar, Clark, Krafth, Ritchie, Longstaff, Longstaff, Shelvey, Willock, Fraser, Gayle, Almiron 

Would be the 13 if COVID/injuries clear up right? Thst said Schar and Fraser could be injured and Clark, Ritchie and Willock might have COVID, so it seems unlikely.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Murphy, Lascelles, Schar, Clark, Krafth, Ritchie, Longstaff, Longstaff, Shelvey, Willock, Fraser, Gayle, Almiron 

Would be the 13 if COVID/injuries clear up right? Thst said Schar and Fraser could be injured and Clark, Ritchie and Willock might have COVID, so it seems unlikely.

Joelinton 

42 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Pretty sure the rule is always Friday half 12 before a weekend game. As the window opens Saturday I don't think anyone signed on the 1st is allowed to play. 

Can we not sign them today and get them registered so they can play? I dunno how the rules work. 

Our players have been dropping like flies, we're mad if we don't fake a few injuries like [emoji38]

It's not even just the fact we'd be playing a decent Southampton side away from home with half a reserve squad, we risk further fucking ourselves with more injuries and making January an absolute nightmare. 

We could really do with the 2 weeks off.