Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

We used to have one of these threads but I couldn't find it too easily with the search. Basically think it would be best to keep the rumours to the rumours thread and then the suggestions for who we should get in here (feels free to delete this if it's better all in one place)

Anyway someone who we were tenuously linked with a few weeks ago has said he's ready to leave Monchengladbach:

Difficult to predict who we can attract next month but if we stay up the sky should be the limit in the transfer market. Players go wherever the highest wage is providing there's at least a remote chance of success and their international prospects aren't harmed. We'll be able to provide that (plus other perks) so we shouldn't be afraid to go after anyone.

For instance (hot picks, picked at random) if we wanted to enter the race for the likes of Aaron Cresswell, James Maddison or Ollie Watkins, we should have every chance. 

Next month though, dunno. Trippier and Ake at the back would be great. 

As I've seen mentioned, if we get a big name in early, like Trippier, I think it will be easier to get really good players in.

Anyone with PL experience would be my first choice. Lingard, Ake, Henderson, Gini, Martial etc. I know Lingard has said he's staying, but if he's not playing come the end of Jan I think he'll go.

Someone like Botman would be risky imo. Young and new to the league. If he comes he has to play at well from start. We can't afford a bedding in period atm.

It's certainly going to be one exciting month.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Digne all day for me. One of the best LBs in the league.

If we somehow got him and Trippier in we'd have the best pair of fullbacks outside the top 4.

Having 2 capable full backs gives any team such a whole new dimension - defensively and offesivejy - would be 2 incredible signings 

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Having 2 capable full backs gives any team such a whole new dimension - defensively and offesivejy - would be 2 incredible signings 

Fuck, now I'm excited and we haven't even confirmed one of them :lol:

I’m not sold on Digne and not sure it would be worth getting fleeced by Everton for him. I guess if it keeps Ritchie starting at left back then it makes sense, but I think Trippier could do the job on the left and Manquillo is sufficient at right back given all the other areas we need to focus on

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Ross Barkley has to be a realistic option?! He’s having a shit time at Chelsea at the moment.

Cue some inevitable muppet saying he’s not good enough…..

Wasn't good enough for Villa.