Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Dubravka 

Trippier       Schar           Botman        LB

Shelvey

Ramsey                 Joelinton

RW                                                      ASM

Wilson

Looks the way we are heading IMO. Possibly signing right back with Trippier moving to the left.

Significantly this would immediately improve our bench too. Players like Willock, Fraser, Almiron, Lewis, Manquillo are going to look much more appealing as fresh squad players than they did as first teamers.

We also need someone to push Wilson but I'd be looking at a short term deal (Aubameyang on loan for example) if anything.

Before anyone says "yes but we also need x,y and z, I'm aware of that, this is just for starters.

Don't rule out Tarkowski BTW. We might play the long game and sign him late in the window because Burnley are cunts.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

We also need someone to push Wilson but I'd be looking at a short term deal (Aubameyang on loan for example) if anything.

I'd definitely be throwing some cash Nketiah, loan with option to buy if we stay up. I think he'd bite.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I'd definitely be throwing some cash Nketiah, loan with option to buy if we stay up. I think he'd bite.

My good mate and my brother in law support them and they say he’s not good enough to start for them on a regular basis just yet, but when he does play he usually plays really well, but it’s not as simple as sticking with him with all their other options. He’d be a good addition definitely. Maybe a swap deal with Willock..

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Surely this kid at Blackburn is ripe for the picking? Even if we sign him and get relegated, it's a no brainer.

I’ve not seen him play, but he’s having a great season and I’m a fan of Championship strikers ending up as decent PL strikers which seems to be a trend…

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My good mate and my brother in law support them and they say he’s not good enough to start for them on a regular basis just yet, but when he does play he usually plays really well, but it’s not as simple as sticking with him with all their other options. He’d be a good addition definitely. Maybe a swap deal with Willock..

I don’t think he’d do that well for us unless off the bench. Doesn’t seem to offer much in terms of link up play or holding it up but obviously comes to life in the box.

5 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I’d go all out for Jonathan David given that Wilson is out for a few months 

He would be a perfect Wilson replacement. Wonder it we will be actually looking for a target man though. David is definitely a poacher and more a false 9. Also likely well out of reach with arsenal, Liverpool and real all heavily linked and with longstanding interest.

Larin was linked today who also isn't really a traditional 9 either. Has been rejuvenated in a front 3 out wide. Would have taken him under Ashley. We can probably buy better.