Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If they're not good enough for them they're not good enough for us. Learn that

De Bruyne and Salah were “not good enough” for Chelsea.  They have more money than sense and will always pursue the next shiny object even if they have better in their squad.  Not necessarily a good rule of thumb.

Anyway, in this case, yeah I would hope that we avoid both Cucarella and Chillwell. Chilwell is on something like 200k a week.

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Maybe not realistic. As I’m sure all the big boys will be in for him and the fee and wages might be too steep for us.

But Rice would be unbelievable in our midfield. He was absolutely class tonight.  

Originally read this as a response to Rafalove about Lavia. Yes, Rice will be expensive.

anyone else notice Jones and Tindall chatting it up with Rice after the whistle? Willock and then Tripps n’all.

he was immense today. which reminds me… weren’t people on here turning their noses up at him? :lol: my gosh. goodness gracious me.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

anyone else notice Jones and Tindall chatting it up with Rice after the whistle? Willock and then Tripps n’all.

he was immense today. which reminds me… weren’t people on here turning their noses up at him? :lol: my gosh. goodness gracious me.

Think that was mostly about the price right? 50-60 hell yeah. The 100 or whatever that’s been quoted, pass. 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Think that was mostly about the price right? 50-60 hell yeah. The 100 or whatever that’s been quoted, pass. 

50-60m you’ll have every major club in world football after him :lol:

I honestly don’t understand why people get so caught up over transfer fees. it’s not coming out of your pocket, so what difference does it make? what’s the point in being owned by the richest cunts on the planet if we’re not going to make the most of it.

25 minutes ago, Big River said:

Really ? Thought he was good but Longstaff best on the pitch for me in a close game.

53 minutes ago, Big River said:

50-60m you’ll have every major club in world football after him :lol:

I honestly don’t understand why people get so caught up over transfer fees. it’s not coming out of your pocket, so what difference does it make? what’s the point in being owned by the richest cunts on the planet if we’re not going to make the most of it.

Because with massive inflated transfer fees comes hand in hand with expected inflated wages. NUFC won’t be signing anyone in the £70-100m bracket or anyone demanding way beyond £125kpw for another 16 month.

As for Rice I was impressed with him today after previously not being that struck on him. He still has limitations to his game hence the rumoured fee being ridiculous but he had a lovely knack of predicting where the ball was heading and finding himself on it more times than not.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

As for Rice I was impressed with him today after previously not being that struck on him. He still has limitations to his game hence the rumoured fee being ridiculous but he had a lovely knack of predicting where the ball was heading and finding himself on it more times than not.

We telegraphed soooo many passes today making him look way better than he actually is. 

I’m also the cunt that doesn’t think we need a DM at all so fuck my take. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Big River said:

Ran the show. Like I said in the Match Thread, never rated him that highly but he'd be the perfect fit for us. He's a much better footballer than I thought, his reading of the game and breaking down play was impressive today.

I could actually see the owners backing the fee for Rice (with a year left I think it'll be about 70-80 personally) similar to how we did for Isak. However it'd also require 200k+ a week in ages which the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea would offer him and we rightly won't do at this stage IMO. Nor would he entertain moving out of London if he doesn't need to.

On 05/01/2023 at 11:13, joeyt said:

Not for this month but in the summer I wonder if we'll reignite our interest in Brennan Johnson at Forest

Looks like he's finally settling into the Prem

Flying now