Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Origi isn’t according to The Athletic, unless it’s a mega offer. Or so says Twitter. 

What’s a mega offer though? Even with Mane and Salah away, if Liverpool sign this chap from Porto, Origi will want out asap

On 06/01/2022 at 01:11, Happinesstan said:

It's exhausting. Feels like it should be nearly over, and we're only 6 days in. 

Literally does, aye. It's mental though, like so exciting but just feels relentless. Probably moreso than ever before. 

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Would be such an upgrade on Longstaff!

A one legged fat bloke would be an upgrade on him!

Edited by HTT II

On 06/01/2022 at 06:08, Heron said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but does this not all feel incredibly alien? Like every day I see us linked with about 4 new players, most of which I've never heard of, and despite being 2nd bottom, with the lowest points total at this stage for us in our history, we've filled a 52k stadium for an FA Cup 3rd round vs a League One side and genuinely don't believe we're going down whatsoever.

It's just so strange. :lol: I'm just praying I don't get some bad reality check... 

:lol:

I think to avoid relegation we need to fill the following positions:

LB

CB X2

Cm

Cf x2

6 more players on top of Trippier, probably can get away with a back up loan option for the second striker. 

Seems like a big ask for owners. 

On 05/01/2022 at 22:08, Heron said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but does this not all feel incredibly alien? Like every day I see us linked with about 4 new players, most of which I've never heard of, and despite being 2nd bottom, with the lowest points total at this stage for us in our history, we've filled a 52k stadium for an FA Cup 3rd round vs a League One side and genuinely don't believe we're going down whatsoever.

It's just so strange. :lol: I'm just praying I don't get some bad reality check... 

107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

LB

CB X2

Cm

Cf x2

6 more players on top of Trippier, probably can get away with a back up loan option for the second striker. 

And strikers are usually the hardest of the lot to find and sign 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

10 hours ago, triggs said:

Really odd career Diego Costa had. 4 seasons of being basically the perfect striker in every way, either side of which he did nothing of note

Was weird that he went out of his way to return to Atleti only to be absolute shite when he got there.

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

:lol:

All too predictable isn't it mate...

Said this last night - the last few months have been a microcosm of being a Newcastle United fan: shit owners and a shit manager get replaced by rich owners and a good manager, and we've failed to capitalise at every stage. Owners come in and don't sack Bruce, so we don't capitalise on the feel good factor vs spurs. Then Howe comes in and gets covid so he's not at his first game and we fail to capitalise. Then Clark makes a stupid decision that gets him sent off and we fail to capitalise vs Norwich. We sign Trippier and then fail to capitalise vs League One opposition when we desperately needed a confidence booster.

Hopefully this all becomes a distant feeling in years to come, but to date it feels like we're strung along and not allowed nice things - there's a carrot in front of the donkey that is NUFC and we just keep on trying to get it and missing. 

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

LB

CB X2

Cm

Cf x2

And completely ott unneccessary to avoid relegation. If we get a one CF, CM & CB we're golden. The most important thing is to get them in ASAP so we're not bedding players in until march.