Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

If Howe's plan is to only play with 1 striker then we surely need more goals from midfield? That doesn't look like it'll happen with this set of players.

Outside of ASM. Murphy looks like the only one that may chip in with a few. But Howe doesn’t seem to rate him that highly and he is massively up and down when he plays. Like no middle ground. Either looks like our best player or our worst. Sometimes in the same passage of play :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, they are gonna fleece us for the price, but agree 

I guess we are at the point now where we just accept the bloated fees and go shit or bust. Or we try and be sensible, as relegation still seems more likely than not. 

Need to start chucking daft money about if they are serious about staying up. 

7 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

If Howe's plan is to only play with 1 striker then we surely need more goals from midfield? That doesn't look like it'll happen with this set of players.

Aye. I get the need for a new CB pair but I'm not sure how we're going to stay up when absolutely nobody in the side can score goals. Even before Wilsons injury I think it looked pretty obvious we need a winger and a CAM who can score goals.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Outside of ASM. Murphy looks like the only one that may chip in with a few. But Howe doesn’t seem to rate him that highly and he is massively up and down when he plays. Like no middle ground. Either looks like our best player or our worst. Sometimes in the same passage of play :lol: 

[emoji38]I really like Murphy but that is spot on

Dunno if this can be fixed , we aren’t going to get the players in we need in this window (we need to) .

2 more maximum may not be enough to save us based on yesterday . I’m also convinced we will NOT get a striker in , they are just precious to find .

slow burner incoming and frustrating times .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Dunno if this can be fixed , we aren’t going to get the players in we need in this window (we need to) .

2 more maximum may not be enough to save us based on yesterday . I’m also convinced we will NOT get a striker in , they are just precious to find .

slow burner incoming and frustrating times .

Even an older striker who isn’t prolific or a young gun on loan, possibly both, would still massively help. Someone as a focal point in this set up seems pretty important. Which is stating the obvious, I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye. I get the need for a new CB pair but I'm not sure how we're going to stay up when absolutely nobody in the side can score goals. Even before Wilsons injury I think it looked pretty obvious we need a winger and a CAM who can score goals.

I could be wrong like but I think we've scored more goals pre Howe, it's gotta be on the agenda this month.

Edit: we have

Edited by Thumbheed

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I could be wrong like but I think we've scored more goals pre Howe, it's gotta be on the agenda this month.

Edit: we have

Standard of opposition should probably be factored in. We wasted some softer fixtures and lost or drew earlier in the season. Plus Norwich under Howe was a write off. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

There's been a change in the style of play too, which the squad was and is clearly finding it hard to adapt to, or has terrible players for some key positions.

*In before "what? From shit 11-behind-the-ball to actually trying to attack?"[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Standard of opposition should probably be factored in. We wasted some softer fixtures and lost or drew. 

Aye that's fair but I guess the wider point is we haven't been putting away the chances we have been creating under Howe, and those chances have largely fallen to our midfield players, so does Howe and the club recognise that and will they be addressing it?

The type of players we've been linked with at this stage suggest they might not.

4 minutes ago, Emotic said:

There's been a change in the style of play too, which the squad was and is clearly finding it hard to adapt to, or has terrible players for some key positions.

*In before "what? From shit 11-behind-the-ball to actually trying to attack?"[emoji38]

Time of excuses is well over for this group of players.  We have had:

- They can't adapt to 442

- They can't adapt to a more attacking style of play

- They can't adapt to a more possession style of play

It just insane, they can't adapt full stop because they are shit, were in their comfort zone and know taking a strop because they may be replaced.

Pathetic is what the 1st team is!

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye that's fair but I guess the wider point is we haven't been putting away the chances we have been creating under Howe, and those chances have largely fallen to our midfield players, so does Howe and the club recognise that and will they be addressing it?

The type of players we've been linked with at this stage suggest they might not.

So many problem areas, mate. Hard to know where to start!

Sort out the sieve like defence and possibly even look at a new keeper?

Try and add more goals in the middle and up top?

A DM that would give us a bit of control over the game? 

A winger that will actually try to take on his man AND try to get a cross in? 

What a shower of shite. 

57 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Ndombele if spurs are done with him. 

No thanks, he has a nice touch and a trick in him but outside of that he's a player that the rest of the team would have to work harder to accomadate because his workrate is terrible.