Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Guest carpetman1
10 minutes ago, Smal said:

Like the look of Brennan Johnson at Forest. Few prem clubs linked atm.

Let's hope that he's better than our two current ex-Forest players.

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

would be perfect

Agreed. He's the one I would want of all the midfielders we've been linked with but unfortunately haven't actually seen us legitimately linked with him. We could be one of the four working to sign him, but we need him now not in the summer.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I think I would like Cavani until the end of the season 

I think Man U might like him until the end of the season as well. Probably got more chance of getting Ronaldo on loan the way things are going for them right now. 

Potential signings I think are realistic

Botman £50m

Carlos £40m

Tarkowski £15m

Ramsay Loan

Wijnaldum loan

Origi £12m

Wood £20m

Nketiah £15m

Martial Loan

All these we have been linked with, I'm starting to worry a little as we nearly half way into the window and only signed Trippier, the early transfer window buzz has worn off

1 minute ago, Geordie Magpie said:

Potential signings I think are realistic

Botman £50m

Carlos £40m

Tarkowski £15m

Ramsay Loan

Wijnaldum loan

Origi £12m

Wood £20m

Nketiah £15m

Martial Loan

All these we have been linked with, I'm starting to worry a little as we nearly half way into the window and only signed Trippier, the early transfer window buzz has worn off

Alot of them aren't though. Or they're not interested. 

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

No chance you're getting Tarkowski or Nketiah for 15m. I'm pretty sure Wijnaldum/Martial wouldn't want to come to us and doubtful LFC would let Origi go this window.

Both out of contract in summer. We going to have to start moving down our list of targets I realise that but if we have no one in by the Watford game things do start to get worrying about staying up. I do think big money could be thrown about in the last week of window if we don't have many through the door 

Get wood in as Mr reliable and get another striker in who is a bit unknown like Diaz, Barbosa or this young lad from France.

Get a lb who is comfortable attacking with crosses and that would change us completely. Anything else in the middle or at cb would be icing. 

I think that an added complication now is that Howe wants players who can immediately fit into "his system" and appears much more comfortable with tried-and-tested premiership players/ex-players too. Could be a function of the desperate state we are in now, and the need for players who can hit the ground running - however it's probably no coincidence that we've been linked with players from four continents, but our signings so far have been Kieran Trippier and (likely, soon) Chris Wood. So the confounding factors include greedy agents; clubs who want to take advantage of our desperation; diminished desire of players themselves; and a manager/coach who plays a certain way and might not want said player. It's tough.

I certainly hope that when we are safe in the PL come the summer, that Howe will be more expansive in his outlook, and think about more fluidity in his tactics and take the chance on some exciting players from overseas who would fit different, adaptable setups. That would be what a top, top coach would do.

Would anyone have Danny Rose back as a stop-gap LB for the season? I’ve always rated him, but it seems he has seriously let himself go from his prime Spurs days.

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Rumours circulating that Juve will be in for Loftus cheek, he’s a player I would love for us to try and get. 

Rafa wanted him and I’ve always rated him, he does have his fitness issues, but he can be immense on his day. Maybe a move abroad will be good for him, I’m all for British players trying their luck away from these isles.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Would anyone have Danny Rose back as a stop-gap LB for the season? I’ve always rated him, but it seems he has seriously let himself go from his prime Spurs days.

Do you not remember when we had him? 😂 absolute pony.