Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Guest HTT II
On 25/05/2022 at 12:26, relámpago blanco said:

Ben Foster as backup keeper?

Yes please, love his podcasts too.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We Have 3 back up keepers already, why would we want another?

You need 3 keepers. So potentially: 1. Henderson 2. Forster 3. Gillespie.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I still occasionally get slightly warm thinking about his goal against Austria. Absolutely no chance we'd get him this season [emoji38]

His goal versus Spain too- we had Jon Champion on Espn here and his call gives me goosebumps + crowd going wild. 

3 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah but Dubs wont want to be backup

He was an unknown keeper playing in the Czech league whose had a few years in the limelight at NUFC and been shakey in patches during that time. He isn’t good enough to be no.1 at a top club so it’s backup with us on the rise or join a mid table/lower end club. The wise move would be he backup at a club on the rise.

5 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

I would like Pulisic from Chelsea

he is wasted there , great player 

Dat commercial income boost from the US exposure :drool:

On 12/05/2022 at 15:03, Optimistic Nut said:

One thing I noticed on the Brazil squad tweet was how much their fans dislike Jesus. No idea why. 

He's terrible at crosses.... I'll get my coat.

This is very left field and came from the Ashworth interview and how he targets players that have their pathway blocked  - how about Liam Delap of Man City  as a back up to Wilson - very talented - won’t get a look at City now 

21 minutes ago, Mikky said:

This is very left field and came from the Ashworth interview and how he targets players that have their pathway blocked  - how about Liam Delap of Man City  as a back up to Wilson - very talented - won’t get a look at City now 

I've always maintained that the mid to lower clubs should actively target these kinds of players, but they don't seem to. I'm all for it.

Instead the foreign clubs seem to be taking advantage. Man City lost Nmecha to Wolfsburg last year I think and he's been doing well, and looks like he'll be a big coup for them.

25 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Has he still got a long throw 🧐🧐🤣🤣

So if Dean Henderson isn't on our list anymore, which keepers out there would be a good fit for us?

José Sá, David Raya or Robert Sánchez seem perfect but would probably all cost a fortune now, Raya and Sá show what you can get for next to fuck all though. So aye, who else is out there?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

So if Dean Henderson isn't on our list anymore, which keepers out there would be a good fit for us?

José Sá, David Raya or Robert Sánchez seem perfect but would probably all cost a fortune now, Raya and Sá show what you can get for next to fuck all though. So aye, who else is out there?

Ashworth loaned Sanchez out to Forest Green and Rochdale and was then responsible for bringing him into Brighton's first team picture.

Trust he'll find us someone suitable if he doesn't fancy Henderson.

Maybe Kelleher? Unless we go all out for Diogo Costa - only 22 and is seriously good. But will cost a fair old wedge (50 mil being bandied about). Bazunu is solid too, but apparently on his way to Southampton for 10 mill. Deal not done yet, so there's time to gazump them.

Edited by Emotic