Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Guest HTT II
On 30/06/2022 at 09:40, buzza said:

Had a pretty poor season last season tho´

He’s young, and young players are often inconsistent until they mature more. He’s a talent, but would probably cost too much!

40 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Belotti is on a free, would take him in a heartbeat. 

Has a very decent goals pedigree. At 28 would provide genuine competition for Wilson, although couldn't see either striker being willing to play second fiddle. But that's how it works at the top clubs, you have to earn the right to the shirt.

Depay is a talented player who with the exception of Lyon has made some very poor career choices. If his wages aren’t extortionate (he was signed after the ceiling fell in at Barca so might not be). I’d have him here, he is the sort of player a project like this can resurrect.

Has previously played with Bruno too? 

Edit, yip

image.thumb.jpeg.28eb0294cdb989f93bef7bdd483af48b.jpeg

Edited by GeordieDazzler

47 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Depay is a talented player who with the exception of Lyon has made some very poor career choices. If his wages aren’t extortionate (he was signed after the ceiling fell in at Barca so might not be). I’d have him here, he is the sort of player a project like this can resurrect.

Has previously played with Bruno too? 

Edit, yip

image.thumb.jpeg.28eb0294cdb989f93bef7bdd483af48b.jpeg

In fairness to Depay he has done nothing wrong at Barca - he was actually very good for them when he played last season and was unfairly dropped from the team by Xavi 

20 minutes ago, Mikky said:

In fairness to Depay he has done nothing wrong at Barca - he was actually very good for them when he played last season and was unfairly dropped from the team by Xavi 

was he viewed as Koemans player?

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Reckon we should make a move for Dembele from Lyon. Last year of his contact, previous good relations with Lyon and classed as home grown. 

Should be an easy sign should we want to persue him. 

On 22/06/2022 at 05:46, Ben said:

Why don't we have a fresh start and give every player a clean slate for this season, some players are better than others but believe it or not we don't need a scapegoat, my memory of Wood last season was the penalty he scored under enormous pressure not the chances he missed.

Also, from The Athletic:

Highest share of receiving value: Passing value isn’t just created by the player behind the ball — receivers matter too. After Pukki, whose 30.5 per cent share of Norwich’s receiving value led the league, the next two possession value leaders for passes received were Newcastle’s centre-forward in a 4-3-3 and Burnley’s left forward in a 4-4-2.

Notice what those have in common? They’re mostly the same guy: Chris Wood, who may have helped flip the Premier League relegation race when he took his talents to Tyneside in January.

He was/is neither has bad as some claim nor particularly good. He certainly helped out play and kept us higher up the pitch. That is only part of his job though and I think even he would likely admit he ought to be threatening goal more. 

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

seems cheap 

15 mil Euros, to coin a cliche - I'd be all over that! 

Edit to add: 15 mil for Aouar and 58 mil for Paqueta, I wouldn't even think twice.

Edited by Emotic