Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

2 hours ago, Emotic said:

Nip in and gazump Arsenal for Bruno Guimares from Lyon. Imagine having an all-Brazilian central midfield pairing of Big Jow and Guimares. Absolute sex.

Did a bit of YouTube scouting of Lucas Paqueta when we we’re linked with him. I’m presuming this guy plays in the Lyon midfield with him ?

Would have loved Paqueta seem’s very highly rated.

51 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Completely not realistic but how much do you think we’d have to offer Chelsea for Kante (ignoring the fact he wouldn’t come)? Just wonder what his value is?

£50 million ?

56 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Completely not realistic but how much do you think we’d have to offer Chelsea for Kante (ignoring the fact he wouldn’t come)? Just wonder what his value is?

He's one of the most valuable players in the world and i don't think they will let him go for any price for anybody right now, i was excited about the more realistic option of Idrissa Gueye from PSG as he's a good holding midfield and can add some much needed defensive strength to our team.

59 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Seems daft to even put a value on him. He's one of those the club would say not for sale at any price. 

The best thing for me in this transfer window is that we aren't seeing the arrogant vultures making comments about our better players like Maxi.  

In years gone by it would be liverpool fans giving it 'I'd take st-Maximin off them'

Not this year you fucking wankers, not this year or the future

I'd go for Darwin Nunez from Benfica. Don't know if it's realistic but if we don't get him now I think he will end up at City, Liverpool, Barca or someone like that in the summer. Will become a great player for many years to come.

44 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

After last night’s performance Phil Jones has shown he’s still a very good player! If Botman doesn’t work out I’d take Jones as a fallback

No - just No.  He's another in the 'Steven Taylor' mold.