Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

I'd love us to get Daniel Podence from Wolves. I knew he was good, but watching him the other night against Man Utd he was different class. Must be one of the most underrated players in the league right now

With Barcelona needing to fund Ferran Torres, we should also make a cheeky bid for Ter Stegen. Andre Onana's contract running out too. Two world-class goalies within reach, with all due respect to Dubs.

Just now, Emotic said:

With Barcelona needing to fund Ferran Torres, we should also make a cheeky bid for Ter Stegen. Andre Onana's contract running out too. Two world-class goalies within reach, with all due respect to Dubs.

Rather we ‘help them out financially’ with Frenkie de Jong tbh, which it seems they’d be agreeable to. 

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Onana signed for Inter 

21 hours ago, Infinitely Content said:

I wonder if we would have any chance with the signing of Patrik Schick. Admittedly I have only watched him for 5-6 games at Euro 2020, but he was one of the outstanding players at the tournament. If we're to be forced into throwing big money to lure a top striker, it would be him for me. Tall, quick, versatile, presses well, good with his back to goal as well as running in behind. Seemed a complete striker to me and is still just 25 years old.

Good shout 

8 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Ter Stegen would be class !

Edited by JonBez comesock

15 minutes ago, Emotic said:

They would defo take 50-60m for Frankie de Jong

Just now, Holmesy said:

Frenkie De Jong is one of the world's hottest prospects FFS! Could we afford him? Yes. Would he want to leave Barcelona to join a relegation scrap? Not a chance

So is Dembele, but it’s been suggested that he would be keen. Not all ‘elite’ players will say no just because of our league position. If Barca suggest they want to push him out due to finance, then it might sway his mind. 

De Jong has been linked too, albeit in that silly tenuous manner of "Barcelona wishes that Newcastle could help them out by taking Frenkie De Jong off their hands" just the other day. I'd be amazed if it would happen, but I'm betting the PIF would be looking for a Robinho-style statement of their own. De Jong or Vlahovic would definitely make everyone sit up and take notice.

Has Nketiah been linked much? Not sure I’d be happy if Wilson was done for the season and he was the only forward signed.  

But he must be available for a knock down price with only 6 months left on his deal? Palace and Brighton after him, I think. I reckon he’d fit in well with the system and be effective with a consistent run of games in the side. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Has Nketiah been linked much? Not sure I’d be happy if Wilson was done for the season and he was the only forward signed.  

But he must be available for a knock down price with only 6 months left on his deal? Palace and Brighton after him, I think. I reckon he’d fit in well with the system and be effective with a consistent run of games in the side.