Kieran Trippier: sidelined until 30th March with calf injury (Hope)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This is the most excited I’ve been for a player since Hatem I reckon. An actual England level full back. 

A World Cup starring Champions League La Liga winning elite level player too!

17 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Referring to yourself as Jamesy at 36 should see you automatically on some sort of register.

Dont worry Fanny, you'll find someone on the register you can become mates with, one day!

Guest HTT II
Just now, brummie said:

Danny Ings isn't working out for us with Watkins.

I would not want us to sell him, but I think he'd be an excellent signing for you.

Watkins aye… you can keep Ings!

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

This is the most excited I’ve been for a player since Hatem I reckon. An actual England level full back. 

Not just England level, but one of the best England full backs I've seen in a long time. I was actually surprised that Spurs let him go, but I guess they didn't really have much choice if his mind was set on moving abroad. 

24 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Ings is quality - definitely would be a good signing to beat off the drop and is good enough for a team transitioning from lower table to mid-table for the next 2-3 years. 

We finished 12th last year and 13th year before which I consider midtable.

Edited by relámpago blanco

Is this "wait until the end of the transfer window to save on wages"-thing from the last regime made up or something that's been reported somewhere? 😳

Crazy that I even have to ask, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true :lol:

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We finished 12th last year and 13th year before which I consider midtable.

Last year wasn't really midtable IMO. It was a season of shite and struggle, 17th after 34 games, 16th after 36 games, could have still finished 17th on the final day if results went slightly differently.

We were 12th as you say, Villa 11th, so both technically midtable, but there were 10 points between them, and a massive 25 swing in goal difference - Villa had a solid midtable season, and that will be what we are after for the next year or so if we stay up, not struggle pretty much all year and win a few matches at the end of the season and get into a crack papering position.

Second the above post. Stats don't give the full picture.

Some arguementative types argue that the season before Ashley we only finished 7points about the relegation zone or whatever, where if they'd lived that season they'd know relegation was not on the cards. We won like one game after January or something and still were mathmatically safe with months to go.

We were more in danger of going down in 87/88 where we ended up finishing 7th

We finished 2nd in 96 and 97 but they were very different years.

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Last year wasn't really midtable IMO. It was a season of shite and struggle, 17th after 34 games, 16th after 36 games, could have still finished 17th on the final day if results went slightly differently.

We were 12th as you say, Villa 11th, so both technically midtable, but there were 10 points between them, and a massive 25 swing in goal difference - Villa had a solid midtable season, and that will be what we are after for the next year or so if we stay up, not struggle pretty much all year and win a few matches at the end of the season and get into a crack papering position.

Yeah but its the same squad and I'd be confident that we would gain more points under Howe than our previous manager.  It's taking a while but we look a hell of a lot better under him, that is probably just to actual training and more than 3 days a week.