Kieran Trippier: sidelined until 30th March with calf injury (Hope)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Only 2.5 years? Worrying.

He will soon be 32, so 2.5 years is fine.  Sure there is an option to extend.  In any event, if we are doing well and he is still capable, why would we want to let him go and why would he want to leave at 34/5? 

Contract is irrelevant if he helps achieve our goals. 

Just now, madras said:

High risk ? In what sense ?

In the sense that we concede shite-loads of goals and a defence-first approach may be more pragmatic in our current position and with our current limitations. 

5 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Only 2.5 years? Worrying.

With an additional year option

struggling to see what is ‘worrying’ about this at all.  If we trigger that clause he’ll be almost 35.

I’ve just spent the last couple of years watching the likes of Kraft at right back. ‘Worrying’ is not the adjective I’d use here.  ‘Exciting’ or ‘fucking massive relief’ is applicable 

edit: seen that the comment was tongue-in-cheek :)

Edited by MarkyMark

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

In the sense that we concede shite-loads of goals and a defence-first approach may be more pragmatic in our current position and with our current limitations. 

And the first signing is a player who is bloody good at both aspects. 

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

And the first signing is a player who can bloody good at both aspects. No risk at all imo.

I'm not saying Trippier is a high-risk signing; I'm saying that to approach every game with an attacking mindset is high risk, given our position and limitations...

It sounds like I'm criticising, it's not really intended to be - I like Howe and his philosophy and I don't think he's doing a bad job at all. 

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just seen it on tik tok. Fantastic vid. :lol: Fucking Newcastle United going for it. What reality is this.

It's weird liking a positive post by you..  it's weird that the football section is a positive place now :lol:

14 minutes ago, iwantcurlyhairtoo said:

What people are missing is that it says 'welcome aboard' and he's pointing at the Kayak logo...Still not accurately like, but that's what they're going for

Just TrippAdvisor giving props to Kayak.