Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

The heck has this not been bumped, we just taking his excellent performances for granted now? :huff: 

Yes. That's where we are now. If Murphy can defy expectations, then living up to them is no longer worthy of comment.

I think it's a Ferris Bueller quote but life moves fast, if you don't stop once in a while to look around, you  miss it.

Edited by Happinesstan

Said it in the match thread but I still can’t believe how good he is.

He’s putting out similar passing numbers to Trent this season but he can actually defend as well. He is our most important player.

Edited by Smal

I just loved how after Bruno's second, Trippier was over with Howe in deep conversation. He's an incredible leader, and will forever go down in our history as being a huge catalyst for our change. I hope he gets to lift some silverware as our captain. 

His technique and general footballing ability is absolutely elite. No action is wasted with him, even if a long ball is landing on top of him under pressure, he tries to (and more often than not, does) find a team mate.

I like him more and more each game. Was brilliant today, quality passes and touches everywhere. Excellent crossing. Communicating, leading, directing all game. He found himself left back at one point and he played a nice couple of passes to keep possession going and get the ball central, then he ran across the back back to right back but all the time available, pointing and talking. And he managed to nonchalantly drop a soft header in to the path of Almiron whilst the ball was spinning like a motherfucker.  Absolutely class.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Quite funny that he wasn't particularly highly rated by a lot on here during his time at Spurs and when he played for England. Absolutely amazing right back, seems to just keep getting better and better as well. Arguably one of our most important signings since like Shearer? He's what got the ball rolling, quite likely that someone like Bruno doesn't sign if Trippier wasn't here winning us a couple of games. 

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Quite funny that he wasn't particularly highly rated by a lot on here during his time at Spurs and when he played for England. Absolutely amazing right back, seems to just keep getting better and better as well. Arguably one of our most important signings since like Shearer? He's what got the ball rolling, quite likely that someone like Bruno doesn't sign if Trippier wasn't here winning us a couple of games. 

I'm that person. Never took that much notice of him before - thought he was a decent RB for Spurs but nothing incredible, but have been so impressed with his leadership and sheer quality ever since he joined.

Just now, Rafalove said:

To be fair, Tripper himself credits Simeone for bringing his game on a lot, so he might actually be a better player now than he was at Spurs:

Aye definitely, working with Simeone must be incredible for any player with ambition to improve like. Wonder if that played a part in him wanting to go there, as it's so rare for top English players to go abroad. He's a clever lad if that did influence him like. 

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

To be fair, Tripper himself credits Simeone for bringing his game on a lot, so he might actually be a better player now than he was at Spurs:

He is a much better player but it's his leadership. He's a great player but he encompasses everything Eddie wants out side to be. Talent, desire, passion and leadership. He has it all. His set pieces are probably on a par with the best as well.