Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

He's absolutely on our "best ever signings list" and relatively cheap too.

Was thinking this earlier, he's a few different signings rolled into one. Like if Brian Kilkline also just so happened to be the best player we'd ever seen play for us in his position. Even then that doesn't really do it justice.

Always rated Trippier before he joined us but I genuinely can't get over just how good he has been for us. No idea how you replace him when age catches up, can't think of another full back who runs the game the way he does, both on the ball and off it. 

We'll look back on him as one of the most transformative signings in the club's entire history. 

Guest reefatoon

The ground he covers up and down that right side is insane. He can go on for years.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Our right side is beautiful.  

1v1 Kieron is very ‘getatable’ but it rarely gets cashed in.  He’s great at slowing his man down as the cavalry arrives to support. 

Then he gets up the pitch to do his damage. I t’s beautiful. 

His tackle on Mount in the penalty area in the 2nd half was so effortless. Looked for all the world Mount was just about to step inside and pull the trigger. 

23 hours ago, Big River said:

I think he might be our best ever signing. he’s absolutely fucking class.

Definitely in the discussion, he’s a coach on the pitch. Literally changed our entire mindset.

Been the best RB in the league (quite comfortably) and is arguably the best in the world this season, and that’s not even being hyperbolic.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Most inform English player heading into the world cup? 

It’d certainly be a fair shout. Off the top of my head Kane, Bellingham and Saka would be the others. Certainly none of the other defenders aside from Ben Shite are anywhere near top form.

5 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Kane has scored 12 goals in 15 games. I think it's kind of funny how the best form Kane's entire career is being largely missed because of Haaland.

You're right. I hadn't realised kane was scoring that well.