Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, buzza said:

If I am being honest he was awful until late on in the second half.

Every pass was backwards and zero risk to push forward. It is the worst game I have seen him play

True but there was no one making any runs in behind for him to pick out. He kept looking up, seeing there was no one on and passing it back. Just a very negative performance from England, “pragmatic” if you want to be extremely kind.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

True but there was no one making any runs in behind for him to pick out. He kept looking up, seeing there was no one on and passing it back. Just a very negative performance from England, “pragmatic” if you want to be extremely kind.

100% this.  

31 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I can't believe that people are saying that Trippier was the worst player on the pitch last night. I saw at least 5 of them worse than him

Sterling, Mount, Rice, Kane, and Bellingham all worse.  Doesn't mean Trippier was good.

Southgate the worst of the lot.

12 minutes ago, buzza said:

If I am being honest he was awful until late on in the second half.

Every pass was backwards and zero risk to push forward. It is the worst game I have seen him play

He put Saka in behind the defence a few times in the first half. 

In Trippier' defence, and the rest of our defence too, there was no good off the ball movement from the midfield. France were pressing high and our players were just static offering no options for passes. 

26 minutes ago, Cf said:

In Trippier' defence, and the rest of our defence too, there was no good off the ball movement from the midfield. France were pressing high and our players were just static offering no options for passes. 

:dowie:

50 minutes ago, James said:

Think NUFC would have beaten England 3-0 last night

Pope >> Pickford

Trippier = Trippier

Botman >> Maguire

Schar = Stones

Burn > Shaw

Willock = Rice

Bruno = Bellingham

Joelinton > Mount

ASM = Saka

Almiron >> Sterling

Wilson > Kane (at least the way he is playing ATM)

Howe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Southgate

I think 3-0 would be gentle on England.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

22 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Pope >> Pickford

Trippier = Trippier

Botman >> Maguire

Schar = Stones

Burn > Shaw

Willock = Rice

Bruno = Bellingham

Joelinton > Mount

ASM = Saka

Almiron >> Sterling

Wilson > Kane (at least the way he is playing ATM)

Howe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Southgate

I think 3-0 would be gentle on England.

Love madly black and white biased posts 😂

35 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I only see 3 or 4 exaggerations, to be fair.

Taking any of our front three (as good as they have been at times this season) over those three is pretty wild tbf.

No ones having Willock over Rice (different players really tho)

Dan Burn is not a better left back than Luke Shaw.

And I really don’t think many take Schar over Stones.

The GK one is actually interesting. As has been mentioned before being an international keeper is quite different to being a PL keeper. Totally understand why he goes for Pickford. But I’d take Pope every day in the PL

Pope = Pickord

Trippier = Trippier

Stones = Schar

Botman > Maguire

Burn < Shaw

Bruno > Rice

Willock = Mount

Joelinton < Bellingham

Miggy < Saka

Wilson < Kane

Maxi > current Sterling

That means Botman, Bruno and Maxi would currently improve England. Bellingham, Kane, Saka and Shaw would improve Newcastle. 

Most importantly Howe > Southgate

48 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Mount is better than Willock imo.

Doesn’t mean much to be fair 

Football is a team game 

Newcastle ‘as a team’ play better football than England and work harder , we also have a better manager / better tactics 

Player for player we might be slightly worse , but football isn’t played on paper 

It’s all comparing apples and oranges anyway. International football is a completely different beast to Premier League football. I know if you’re a good player, you’re a good player regardless, but there’s definitely slightly different skill sets required.

American in peace :lol:

Tripps did everything he could last night. Was constantly organizing your team and shouting instructions and working to get people involved. Absolutely thought if you scored it was going to start with him.

Would only say Maguire was the better player last night.

4 hours ago, Cf said:

J'approuve.

England's play against the USA was all about risk minimization. They basically played for a draw.

The change I'd like to see England try is Wilson on with Kane at #10. Kane loves coming deep and is great at finding runners when there are others ahead of him. He's more of a Sheringham than a Shearer. Though he hasn't with us, Wilson played in a two with Josh King at Bournemouth and knows how it works.

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

American in peace :lol:

Tripps did everything he could last night. Was constantly organizing your team and shouting instructions and working to get people involved. Absolutely thought if you scored it was going to start with him.

Would only say Maguire was the better player last night.

Watch your mailbox