Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He's literally tried the same corner every time. A player of his experience has got to take some responsibility for that not working and come up with an alternative imho.

As I've said many a time, it's a rare off day as he's been great, but he can't be immune to valid criticism regardless of the admin/rawkishness view or policy.

He ain't getting a ten regardless btw because that young winger gave him a bunch of issues in the first half resulting in his cheap booking.

Come on, no he didn't. He tried back post floated, whipped near and mid post, onto the keeper, others a bit deeper. Hardly Cabaye to Williamson back post.

I don't really think your criticism is all that fair, that's just my opinion. No idea what you mean by admin/rawkishness? People are just disagreeing with you, nothing wrong with that or more to it than that.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Come on, no he didn't. He tried back post floated, whipped near and mid post, onto the keeper, others a bit deeper. Hardly Cabaye to Williamson back post.

I don't really think your criticism is all that fair, that's just my opinion. No idea what you mean by admin/rawkishness? People are just disagreeing with you, nothing wrong with that or more to it than that.

No problem with folks disagreeing but when a player is holding his arms in the air, apology style, at the game and he's not delivered to anywhere near his normal standard, it's absolutely fair game to highlight that here regardless of the admin views.

Again not sure what admins have to do with anything but never mind 

It's fine that he apologised, his standards are sky high, I just don't think it means he played badly (similar to when Bruno apologised earlier in the season and I didn't think it waa needed) and on another day he puts that performance in and with better finishing he bags himself a hattrick of assists.

Agree to disagree I think.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Again not sure what admins have to do with anything but never mind 

It's fine that he apologised, his standards are sky high, I just don't think it means he played badly (similar to when Bruno apologised earlier in the season and I didn't think it waa needed) and on another day he puts that performance in and with better finishing he bags himself a hattrick of assists.

Agree to disagree I think.

Yep :thup:

Schar, Burn should have converted from the corner. We’d not be talking about this. The volume was higher than usual imo and our finishing was not there. Trippier def probably feels he wasn’t his best but our attackers did nothing. 

He set Wood up for an open goal (from a tight angle) with a 60 yard ball over the top from open play, Wood miskicked.

From corners he put one on Schar's head in the middle of the box, headed wide.

Joelinton at the back post who headed across to Burn to miskick in the 6 yard box.

A 1-2 with Almiron and then hit to the edge of the box to Willock who miscontrolled it.

Whipped to the back of the 6 yard box for Schar, great save Meslier.

From freekicks he found Botman on the edge of the 6 yard box who hit it straight to the keeper (would have been offside but a great ball in).

Clipped a flat one across the box which their defence clipped onto Schar who took it down and then skied over.

Found Burn for the knockdown to Wood, 1-on-1 Meslier did well to close him down.

The amount of set pieces we had without scoring combined with him mishitting a couple straight into Meslier's arms is distorting people's views here like. I thought the same but watching the highlights back we should have been out of sight even in the first half from the balls he put in.

55 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He's literally tried the same corner every time. A player of his experience has got to take some responsibility for that not working and come up with an alternative imho.

As I've said many a time, it's a rare off day as he's been great, but he can't be immune to valid criticism regardless of the admin/rawkishness view or policy.

He ain't getting a ten regardless btw because that young winger gave him a bunch of issues in the first half resulting in his cheap booking.

You haven’t watched the game back, have you?

”Literally tried the same corner every time” is just a pure lie, man. What’s the point in that? Even the extended highlights show the variation.

If it’s Rawkish of me to pull you on that, then fair enough. But it’s not a fair debate if one side is allowed to just make stuff up to back their position and the other side gets criticised for trying to “control the narrative” by pointing to indisputable evidence to the contrary. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rich said:

You haven’t watched the game back, have you?

”Literally tried the same corner every time” is just a pure lie, man. What’s the point in that? Even the extended highlights show the variation.

If it’s Rawkish of me to pull you on that, then fair enough. But it’s not a fair debate if one side is allowed to just make stuff up to back their position and the other side gets criticised for trying to “control the narrative” by pointing to indisputable evidence to the contrary. :lol:

I've been driving all day but at the game it seemed the same corner time after time tbh. Straight into Meslier.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

I've been driving all day but at the game it seemed the same corner time after time tbh. Straight into Meslier.

:thup:

This is what I meant about thinking we see everything at the game and people claiming their “eye test” always beats data. It’s madness to say that.

Heightened emotions and all the rest make it tough to form a full view in the moment.

When you watch the video, I think you’ll understand why people are being so defensive about it because it’s just not what happened.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How dare you

Plenty time to post in here, doesn’t have 10 mins to watch the highlight link I posted. What a liberty. Could’ve saved Hans a solid 30 minutes there. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

:thup:

This is what I meant about thinking we see everything at the game and people claiming their “eye test” always beats data. It’s madness to say that.

Heightened emotions and all the rest make it tough to form a full view in the moment.

When you watch the video, I think you’ll understand why people are being so defensive about it because it’s just not what happened.

I said he failed the eye test to me (and he did) but don't think I claimed it was better than data tbh. There is, however, a crossover. It's not one or the other imho.

I don't need to watch the highlights back to know he had a poor first half against their winger (got done off him a few times, their lad got in behind him a couple of times and also he got booked against him) and also, in my view, his deliveries yesterday were below his normal standard.

If you think he'd have been happy with how he played and his statistical output then absolutely fine, I'd disagree with that firmly though tbh. Suspect he would too tbh given his reaction at the game.

Everything from an attacking sense (in terms of building up from the back) comes through him and rarely down Burn's side (how often do you see Burn overlapping his winger?) so he should be the one sticking in umpteen crosses and therefore almost has a greater responsbility/accountability imho in terms of the standard of delivery. When the game plan is to free you up to deliver the ball, then you'd feel disappointed having had so many opportunities not to have gotten an assist.

If he delivers well yesterday, imho, we win the game.

That's not to say he's not been great but yesterday he'll have been disappointed I think.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

If he delivers well yesterday, imho, we win the game.

That's not to say he's not been great but yesterday he'll have been disappointed I think.

As has been mentioned already, if other people could finish (which he has no control over) then he could have had 3/4 assists. 

So I would say although his performance was below usual, it was still good, and he created enough for us to win the game. 

Edited by NWMag

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He set Wood up for an open goal (from a tight angle) with a 60 yard ball over the top from open play, Wood miskicked.

From corners he put one on Schar's head in the middle of the box, headed wide.

Joelinton at the back post who headed across to Burn to miskick in the 6 yard box.

A 1-2 with Almiron and then hit to the edge of the box to Willock who miscontrolled it.

Whipped to the back of the 6 yard box for Schar, great save Meslier.

From freekicks he found Botman on the edge of the 6 yard box who hit it straight to the keeper (would have been offside but a great ball in).

Clipped a flat one across the box which their defence clipped onto Schar who took it down and then skied over.

Found Burn for the knockdown to Wood, 1-on-1 Meslier did well to close him down.

The amount of set pieces we had without scoring combined with him mishitting a couple straight into Meslier's arms is distorting people's views here like. I thought the same but watching the highlights back we should have been out of sight even in the first half from the balls he put in.

At least give this a scan, then.

It was David Edgar with the eye test stuff, which you quote responded to IIRC.

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

Plenty time to post in here, doesn’t have 10 mins to watch the highlight link I posted. What a liberty. Could’ve saved Hans a solid 30 minutes there. :lol:

Too busy wanting to reply to you spitting out your dummy tbh [emoji38][emoji38]

Like Rich says, just watch the .tv highlights man.

It’s essentially a compilation of great set pieces followed by woeful finishing [emoji38]

I’m not going to defend his overall game (not that I think it was bad), it was obvious him and Almiron were stifled well enough so they never stood out too much, but his set pieces caused them all sorts of bother.

Just now, Minhosa said:

Too busy wanting to reply to you spitting out your dummy tbh [emoji38][emoji38]

Just can’t stand people making stuff up and arguing things from a place of ignorance, tbh. Especially when it’s about someone like Captain Tripps.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Just can’t stand people making stuff up and arguing things from a place of ignorance, tbh. Especially when it’s about someone like Captain Tripps.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] - sorry you struggle with alternative opinions tbh.

You'll have to let 'Captain Tripps' know that because he was offering apologies too which is a strange thing to do after having such a statistically great game.

Edited by Minhosa

Given your take on Super Tripps’ performance yesterday, I’m beginning to question if the “apology” even happened at all. :lol:

Can someone from The Milburn with eyes that’s not clueless please verify?

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Given your take on Super Tripps’ performance yesterday, I’m beginning to question if the “apology” even happened at all. :lol:

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] - question away, I'm happy that my eyes know a good shout from a bad one tbh.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Sounds spurious at best. Unless he held up a sign saying ‘sorry for the shit crosses’ it could be anything. What did he do? Hold his hands up or something?

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

There was one cross he floated out of play late in the 2nd half when he could have played Murphy in down the line. 

When it went out of play he held his hand up to Murphy as an apology to him for not giving him the ball instead. The only apology I saw from Trippier yesterday anyway